M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well this is not good. Any one got a plan?" muses Tenebrynn. He is trying to think about what they could do next. Without his gear he would end up pretty useless quickly.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan

Erekose13 said:
"Well this is not good. Any one got a plan?" muses Tenebrynn. He is trying to think about what they could do next. Without his gear he would end up pretty useless quickly.

"The dragon talked about using us for sport-hunting. Which means they're not going to kill us immediately... but will kill us soon if we don't do anything about it. Give me a little time to think about it..."

But what Nurlan is thinking is mostly, Why am I here? Didn't I always say that I'm more of the kind to sing about deeds of great heroism than to try to perform them? Not long ago I would talk about looking forward to a life of adventure, and mean by it travel to foar away places to discover exotic customs and learn the songs that other people sing. Not the kind of adventure that gets you imprisoned and killed by young dragons and their associates.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Are we still shackled)
[sblock]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/3+1/2+1): 0 - acid splash, detect magic*, flare*|x3; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|[/sblock]
"For one, it would be nice to have light (and get rid of those shackles). Anyone have an idea? Weapons would also be nice. Perhaps we can improvise with some rocks." Ashnar says as he mentally recounts which spells he can use without his component pouch. Flare, my sparkstrike, cause fear, scorching ray. Technically also acid splash and detect magic, but those'll be rather of low use.

Velmont

First Post
"I can always talk with the guards, I learned the goblinoid lately... but to do what?" Rinaldo tells.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Knight Otu said:
"For one, it would be nice to have light (and get rid of those shackles). Anyone have an idea? Weapons would also be nice. Perhaps we can improvise with some rocks."

"My training means my hands and feet are as potent as the weapons the guards took from me," Eanos offers quietly so that any listening guards might not hear. "If we could get a guard or two alone, and if they aren't aware of my skills, I could possibly use that surprise to take him down quickly, then we'd have what weapons he carried, and thus would be better able to take more guards' weapons.

"But yes, light first. My fists may hit like a club, but I'm at a distinct disadvantage facing a goblinoid with the ability to see through this darkness."

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: I've been assuming we're still shackled, but some of the others seem to be assuming we aren't. Manzanita, could you please clarify before I post Nurlan's next reply? Almost all his spells, save one cantrip, require either somatic or material components, but if we've been unshackled he has several possibilities.

Erekose13

Explorer
are we to keep track of which spells require material components? if so i'll have to take a look through my current memorized spells to find out if i've anything left to cast.

Manzanita

First Post
You are unshakeled, and have no obvious spell components. Look through your components. If you can tell me how you'd smuggle some of them with you in your loincloth or your hands, you can keep them. Anything they see, they take from you.

There are no guards visible. The goblins lowered the party individually on a rope sling into a deep, dark pit.

The man with you actually cannot see in the dark, but he does look as you speak. Only Razh is aware he is there with you.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

OOC: Did Razh's weapons get picked up by the viscount's goons or are they still lying on the ground by the tunnel?

Razh feels more than naked without his armor and his axes, he feels like pieces of his body are missing, like his limbs have been amputated. This makes him angry. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot he can do about it. The dwarf takes a look around their cell. He walks over to each of the exits and peers down it, even taking a short scouting walk down them to see where the guards are. He looks around for some good sized rocks to use in the event of a battle. Using his dwarven senses, he knocks on the walls of the cavern and listens for echoes in the rock to estimate how deep underground he is.

[sblock=OOC: ]Naked stats:
HP: 51
AC: 13
Grapple: +7
Attacks:
- Rock (club) Atk +3 (BAB +4, STR +3, Improvised -4), dmg 1d6+3
- 2 Rocks Atk +1/+1 (BAB +4, STR +3, Improvised -4, TWF -2/-2), dmg 1d6+3/1d6+3

Improvised Weapons

Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses one in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object. To determine the size category and appropriate damage for an improvised weapon, compare its relative size and damage potential to the weapon list to find a reasonable match. An improvised weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 20 and deals double damage on a critical hit. An improvised thrown weapon has a range increment of 10 feet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
You are unshakeled, and have no obvious spell components. Look through your components. If you can tell me how you'd smuggle some of them with you in your loincloth or your hands, you can keep them. Anything they see, they take from you.

Nurlan's spell components would all be in the pouch; I understood that they'd be inaccessible no matter what. It's the somatic component I'm relieved to have access to -- charm person is a lot more useful than flare.

Nurlan whispers to the others. "There are a few of my arcane talents I can use. Unfortunately I can't conjure up a light unless I can find a firefly to project, and I'm not counting on that. But I may be able to win the friendship of a guard. It didn't work on Causticus or Frump, but people of arcane talents have strong mental resistance to that kind of thing. If I understand the dragon correctly, Causticus is either her offspring or adopted by her, so I think he knows his arcana as well as Frump. But if they send someone to guard us or check on us, it's probably going to be someone chosen for brawn instead of brain, and they can be easier to charm. Don't try and attack any guards until I've had my try -- persuasion is better than force, and I'm not as likely to manage it if you attack first."

Remove ads