• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
It is my understanding that Ogrin is going it alone at this point. If anyone wants to go with him, post it. I'm going to assume that the lighted club gives Ogrin a -2 swim check. This still allows him to progress by taking 10.

Ogrin dives in, and is quickly out of sight.

Ogrin[sblock]
Ogrin swims about 30 feet. The tunnel has widened somewhat. It is about a 10 foot diameter circular tunnel, but very rough. On his left now he notices an alcove. Attached to the wall are eight 2 inch diameter gray tubes protuding 2 to 3 feet from the wall. From the ends of the tubes stick bright red worm-like things. The tunnel carries on.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn waits patiently with the others

ooc: sorry for the short posts lately, been very pressed for time but wanted to let you know that I was still here and reading.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos stands at the edge of the pool, trying to clear his mind of his fears and focus on looking for signs of Ogrin's return even as he keeps his ears open for anyone approaching their current position.

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin: [sblock]Ogrin swims on another 60 feet or so. He is still feeling pretty good. At this point the tunnel splits in two. One path continues straight, the other heads sharply to his left[/sblock]

The party waits nevously at the beach. Perhaps they continue to extract crocodile teeth or cut at roots.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, continue to cut roots while waiting for Ogrin... better that than awaiting anxiously without nothing to occupy his mind.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin returns shortly to report there's a few plants maybe thirty feet ahead and the tunnel splits twice that length beyond them. He tells Razh, "I'll check out the left tunnel. Come meet me if you see the light approaching, I may need help the last few feet." He then heads down again.

[SBLOCK=Swimming]
OOC: The following are some future actions, unless of course he finds something interesting at which point he'll return to the others to report.

Ogrin returns to check out the left tunnel, but is getting quite fed up with sticking to the left wall. If I keep going left, that'll bring me back towards the caves... The next one's to the right, then. If I get that far.

Ogrin will turn back a few rounds after he suspects he's at half, hoping his strong constitution will help him the last few seconds... or that the others will see the light approaching and help him out if needed.[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin returns. He takes a little time to warm up and catch his breath, then sets out again.

Ogrin: [sblock] This time Ogrin swims right past the tubeworms, turns left at the intersection at 90 feet, and encounters another split at 130 feet. This time he turns right. He's feeling he's a bit over halfway done and the he still can't see anything for the 20 feet ahead of him except more underwater tunnel.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

rln said:
"Come meet me if you see the light approaching, I may need help the last few feet."
Razh nods an affirmative. "Will do." As the light from Ogrin's magic stick grows stronger, Razh will dive into the cold water, just in case Ogrin needs some help.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads