M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks at the sight and take a deep breath, welcoming the salty air, after being underground for days, finding the fresh air wonderfull. He then looks at the cliff at his feet and paralyze for a short moment, fealing the fear filling his body.

Not a wyvern again... worst! Rinaldo eyes widen as he understand what is coming toward him. "D... Dr... Dragon!"

[SBLOCK]Rinaldo try to see what he knows about that creature... Know(Aracna) of 10. Even if it is a magical beast or a dragon, I doubt I will know what it is.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/3+1/2+1): 0 - acid splash, detect magic*, flare*|x3; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|[/sblock]

Ashnar swiftly turns towards the merchant. Not seeing the dragon Rinaldo mentioned, he barks "Back away! Seek cover!"

Manzanita

First Post
Rinaldo staggers back from the cliff. He points down and shouts "Dragon!" for that's what he believes it to be. He is pale and shaken. Everyone can take an action of preparation.

Seconds later, a huge form flys over the ridge, pumping its bat-like wings. It is a four legged, winged reptilian creature, covered with shiny black scales. Its body is about 10 feet long, with another 10 feet of tail trailing behind. Its face seems skeletal, its eyes malevolent. Fear grips at the heart of every party member as a loud roar emerges from his toothy maw.

Make will save DC 21 to avoid being panicked (if you have 4 HD) or shaken (if you have more). Feel free to post an appropriate prep action, then try your save, then post your round 1 action.

The green spots on the map are trees, the black spots are rocks, the grey spot is the tunnel entrance, now concealed.

Attachments

• Island.JPG
    Island.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 72

rln

Explorer
Ogrin readies his sling, doubting it would do much against such a powerful foe. He then moves to the side as he remembers dragons belches flames or worse, and it would be a shame to be standing all at the same place.

However, when the dragon passes them, terror seizes his heart, and once again he turns and runs back into the cave.

OOC: Missed by 2, which is rather good since Ogrin has a +0 will save! :D (+2 vs Fear)

Edit: Unless someone bolster it during their prep action.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Everyone can take an action of preparation.

Nurlan (surprise!) begins singing an inspiring song.

Manzanita said:
Make will save DC 21 to avoid being panicked (if you have 4 HD) or shaken (if you have more).

Nurlan is shaken.

Manzanita said:
Feel free to post an appropriate prep action, then try your save, then post your round 1 action.

Nurlan continues singing as he draws his longbow and arrows.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Hearing Rinaldo so afraid and seeing everybody run for cover doesn't faze Razh in the slightest. He draws both his battle axes and stays right where he is, ready to encounter whatever beast comes over the side of that cliff. "Let me at 'im, whate'er 'e may be!" he roars.

Then the creature comes over the side. Rasereit the Mighty whimpers and whispers, "Changed me mind," before he drops both his weapons and follows his small friend Ogrin back into the tunnel.

[sblock=OOC: ]Lost both my axes. Crap.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Dragon are not wyvern... they are intelligent... black scales... that's not a good sign.

Seeing half his friends fleeing, Rinaldo decide to play his best card, not sure if it will have any effect on that creature. He make a sign to Nurlan to hold his shot. "Great dragon, we don't mean harm to you or your island. Our quest is elsewhere. Let us talk with you. It is not like you couldn't do as you please after."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I try to gain a chance to negotiate a truce. The dragon seems hostile, but even with a roll of 21 (forgot to add the shaken penalty to skill check), it should turn an hostile creature to unfriendly... if the creature is intelligent. You know, that fix DC is maybe too easy, but for once, I might welcome it pretty much. If only we can go around that fight.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads