• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Macroless Quick View Page for the Wiesbaden Wondersheet

brooksgbanks

Explorer
James,

The work you've done combining the two different projects is phenomenal. And, turning it into a macroless sheet is quite an undertaking (spoken as someone who's created character sheets for other games, most often utilizing macros) I'm sure.

I do have one comment, however. After downloading ver 3.1 and creating a character, I find that printing the character sheets doesn't come out looking very good. They're set by default to A4 specialized paper, so when you print them on normal 8.5x11 paper, you have to completely resize the printouts, which results in a sheet that is does not efficiently use all the space on a page. I realize that this is obviously of less import than getting the calculations and automation correct, but do you have any plans to work on the visual aspects of the various character sheets to have them better fit for standard letter page print.

On a functional note, I notice that the various LFR regions don't automatically add their bonuses to skills and update the class skill lists with the additions based on regionsl. Is there any plans to add this?

Thanks for all your hard work.

btcorrad

First Post
Keep up the good work. It amazing to me that so few errors creeped in with over a Thousand powers entered.

This.

Quoted for truth!

Also,
=(FLOOR((Level-1)/10,1)+1) & "d" & IF(Feats!B150<>"", "10", "6")
I put this into the damage for Dragon Breath on Attacks! and ExportSheet! (which I just replaced the any* entry with) and now if I select Dragon Breath as a weapon in Attacks!M6 then 1[W] in the damage dice in row 40, the damage correctly displays based on feat. Thanks!!!

(I did cheat a little and just drop TRUE into the value for AA59 instead of modifying the formula to check for race rather than weapon proficiency.)

Last edited:

James McMurray

First Post
I do have one comment, however. After downloading ver 3.1 and creating a character, I find that printing the character sheets doesn't come out looking very good. They're set by default to A4 specialized paper, so when you print them on normal 8.5x11 paper, you have to completely resize the printouts, which results in a sheet that is does not efficiently use all the space on a page. I realize that this is obviously of less import than getting the calculations and automation correct, but do you have any plans to work on the visual aspects of the various character sheets to have them better fit for standard letter page print.

Unfortunately, because of the way the sheets are laid out, I'd pretty much have to redo them from scratch to resize them to letter. As you can probably see by the basic layout of the quick view sheet, my visual design skills are less than stellar. :) If someone else is good at that stuff and can do it, I'll be more than happy to add it in. I'm a letter-size user too. Though I usually just print the quick view and have my laptop nearby, it'd be nice to have more options.

On a functional note, I notice that the various LFR regions don't automatically add their bonuses to skills and update the class skill lists with the additions based on regionsl. Is there any plans to add this?

I'm hoping the Wiesenbad team does it and I can snag it from them. :) If not, it'll at least wait until I've got the FR book.

Thanks for all your hard work.

You're welcome. :)

brooksgbanks

Explorer
Unfortunately, because of the way the sheets are laid out, I'd pretty much have to redo them from scratch to resize them to letter. As you can probably see by the basic layout of the quick view sheet, my visual design skills are less than stellar. :) If someone else is good at that stuff and can do it, I'll be more than happy to add it in. I'm a letter-size user too. Though I usually just print the quick view and have my laptop nearby, it'd be nice to have more options.

I may take a stab at that. Layout is something I've worked on a lot with other character sheets. Mostly because I've built them from the ground up.

I'm hoping the Wiesenbad team does it and I can snag it from them. :) If not, it'll at least wait until I've got the FR book.

Makes perfect sense to me.

btcorrad

First Post
brooksgbanks, I also initially was disappointed by the layout. However, I'm going to get a stack of Legal (8.5" x 14") today because when you choose that size as source then the format looks wizard! Hope that helps.

James McMurray

First Post
Perhaps make the ongoing damage section a bit more readable.

Great idea! Done.

You need to copy over the formulas (which might mean unprotecting the sheet)

Done, thanks!

Do we really need an 'Implement attack' section? You never use an implement by itself, only with powers.

This is where the powers look to know what your implement's bonus is. I could probably move it somewhere else, like the gear page.

2)Power decriptions in General
Probably should work on something to better automate the damage, instead of having to put ForceDmg + IntMod + ImpMagicBonus in each one. What if there is a misc mod that applies?

If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them. The current method was the best way I could think of for handling the various feats that add to specific types of attacks. I'm sure there's a better way, but updating 400 powers to a new method might not be worth the minor savings.

3) Abbreviations. I think you have the room to use less abbreviations.

Try fitting a 12th level wizard with expanded spellbook on a single printed page without abbreviating. ;)

Suggestion: develop a formula that figures the display correctly (good luck, all I'm coming up with right now is a Huge nested IF statement). otherwise, manually edit them.

I went the huge nested if route. It's ugly, but much less error prone.

now for some thing that is probably a bug in the Wiesbaden Sheet.
Wizard weapon prof. erroneously list the Rogue weapon prof.
Fixed by modifying the hidden 'Class overview' sheet. V154 should be J16 thru J23, not G17 thru G21 (could get away with just J16 and J17)

That was my fault. Although in my defense, before I "fixed" it, the sheet wasn't handling rogues or wizards properly. :)

Keep up the good work. It amazing to me that so few errors creeped in with over a Thousand powers entered.

That's mostly because someone else had already gotten the powers into an excel sheet. They had the full text though, so I had to run it through about 50 different regular expressions to add in stats and shrink the text to something manageable. Most of the problems (especially the formatting issues) crept in when I got too greedy and wiped out stuff I should have (like parts of ranges).

I don't really see the need for implement or Off-hand information to be available on every character sheet since such a small fraction of characters will even use that enough to need it so prevalent in the finished product.

Again, not complaining, just curious on how to modify.

I made the changes GorTex suggested, so you should be able to use those slots for anything now. If the character uses an implement or off hand weapon though, be sure it goes in the right column, because that's where the quick view page will be looking.

I may take a stab at that. Layout is something I've worked on a lot with other character sheets. Mostly because I've built them from the ground up.

That'd be sweet!

James McMurray

First Post
I am not complaining, you clearly have experience and great knowledge with Excel.

I don't know about that. I hardly knew anything about it before I starting working on this sheet. Google and Excel forums have been very kind to me. :)

Also, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who can't thank you enough for continuing work on such a great tool.

Thanks!

The last update for a while is on its way. I have to take a break from staring at data in columns for a little while, and stare at code to convert the Monster Manual to XML instead. :)

James McMurray

First Post
Current Version 3.2 - 8/10/08

Can be found here.

Changes
- Fixed attack bonuses and damages
- Fixed ranges
- Fixed Attacks sheet to allow all the slots to be used as favorites
- Rearranged ongoing damage section to increase readability
- On the quick view sheet, hid weapons that you don't have
- Fixed wizard proficiencies

jasonh4974

First Post
Awesome sheet. The hard work is appreciated!

One question, I've built a warlord and it doesn't appear that he is getting a proficiency bonus with crossbows.

GorTeX

First Post
new sheet. attacks.
I48 and K48 should have the same formula as the other on that line. (but adjusted for the correct columns). Just copy G48 and paste it into 848 and K48.
(if not, then the damage does not work if you don't use an implement or off hand weapon.. I put cleave and tide of iron there and had to make the above adjustment to get the damage to populate)

On the overview page, cells M78 - M81 all reference IDmg, should be IDmg, MDmg, RDmg, and OHDmg respectively.

A suggestion that applies to the wiesbaden sheet as well.

On the Xp/Money tab. Lable the 1st line as 'Creation', unlock the date, and change the formula in from "IF(C7="","",H6-J6)" to "IF(C6="","",H6-J6)"

Powers sheet. The Expanded Spell book entries should be unlocked.

Last edited:

Remove ads