D&D 5E Made it Happen. 5E Warlord.

Ashkelon

First Post
From levels 7-10 the path of bravery warlord is a better fighter than the actual fighter due to extra attack and skillful strike. I don't think the warlord needs extra attack if it has skillful strike. The class also gets a lot of options between exploits and maneuvers. That's not necessarily s bad thing, just something to be aware of. Also, I suggest looking at the Mystic Avatar disciplines for some pretty interesting warlordy features and abilities. With the amount of psi points they have, many of them are practically at will.

Zardnaar

Legend
From levels 7-10 the path of bravery warlord is a better fighter than the actual fighter due to extra attack and skillful strike. I don't think the warlord needs extra attack if it has skillful strike. The class also gets a lot of options between exploits and maneuvers. That's not necessarily s bad thing, just something to be aware of. Also, I suggest looking at the Mystic Avatar disciplines for some pretty interesting warlordy features and abilities. With the amount of psi points they have, many of them are practically at will.

I had noticed that but the fighter gets things like action surge as well.

Its also a problem with the fighter class in general almost everything is better at fighter between level 5-10 (Barbarians, Paladins, Rangers, Monks even). A Hunter ranger for example can often get an extra 1d6+1d8 damage over a fighter or 1d6+ a 3rd attack between levels 5-10.

Last edited:

Eubani

Legend
Nice. I'd consider giving the class Expertise, like the Bard and Rogue, but that's just preference.

What about a subclass that gets a companion, btw?
You could go either way. For Warlord I like to use Int or Cha to show tactical thought or Inspiring action, it's a flavour thing.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I think you've done a great job. I certainly couldn't do a better one.

Personally, I've always thought a Spelless Bard would make a great chassis for a Warlord.

Zardnaar

Legend
You guys need to revoke your ENworld posting privileges. I am actually getting people saying nice things. For shame for shame.

Aldarc

Legend
You guys need to revoke your ENworld posting privileges. I am actually getting people saying nice things. For shame for shame.
Would having Constitution and Intelligence saves be more appropriate? What was your rationale for using Strength as the secondary save?

Zardnaar

Legend
Would having Constitution and Intelligence saves be more appropriate? What was your rationale for using Strength as the secondary save?

Martial classe slike the barbarian and fighter. Con and charisma or con and inteligence would also wok.

Proficiency in intelligence saves is almost like not having proficiency in anything though. I woiuld go con and charisma if I were to change it.

LapBandit

First Post
I had noticed that but the fighter gets things like action surge as well.

Its also a problem with the fighter class in general almost everything is better at fighter between level 5-10 (Barbarians, Paladins, Rangers, Monks even). A Hunter ranger for example can often get an extra 1d6+1d8 damage over a fighter or 1d6+ a 3rd attack between levels 5-10.

Completely agree that's why fighter should get extra attack first and earlier (4th, 9th, 14th) and have something in the base class no one else can do it do as well. Personally I've added stances that can be changed as a counts action that lets the fighter do additional things. Either that or remove Fighting Styles from all classes but fighter.

Remove ads