• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage - The Spiral [IC]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Outskirts of New York City
NYC, New York
thursday, October 2002, around 8 PM

Max looks at Mr. Masuda as if he had asked a question too simple to be real. "Well they had Knowledge and the force of will to make changes in the world around them. They had an understanding of the forces of nature and the natural world that those around them didn't. You could say that they really had magic. Individuals are a power unto them selves but a group of individuals working toword the same goal are very powerful. Isn't that the whole point of the Witches' Coven?"

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Coffeebar Daybreak
Boston, Massachussets
tuesday, October 2002, around 12:30 PM

Todd is enjoying a cup of coffee and lunch in the small bar that he usually frequents. The new year has just kicked in a few weeks ago and he is still trying to adjust. The new year has been quite a bit more challenging than the last one. He goes over his college notes as he sips the last of his coffee. Alice is pretty alert, as always, and is already standing at his table. "Refill?" She takes a look at the door and spots an old man walking in. He looks to be from chinese descent, his gray hair laying wild on his head from the autumn wind outside. The man takes a look around and walkes directly to Todd's table.

"Professor of yours?", Alice asks as she poured his coffee. "Well, I'll leave you two. Just call when you need anything."

The old man halts next to Todd's table and lowers his head a bit. "Good afternoon, Mister Whitford. We haven't met, but would you mind if I joined you for a moment? I think that there are some things you should know..." The man's voice carries a thick accent, and is quite severe. Whatever it is that the man wants to talk about, it must be something...

OoC: Todd

NYC, New York

The man nods slowly, still carrying a smile on his face. "So, you would want your company to be like a coven? Still, that doesn't mean that these warlocks needed the company. It helped because each of them had knowledge and will. Do you think that all of your employees would have that? And shouldn't you be able to do things before entering the coven-company?" The man lifts his graying eyebrows high, adding to his odd demeanor.

"It seems to me that the idea of the company is all about volume. Doing more, and helping everyone... Is there not enough good to be done right here? Why not start small, and take it from there. It seems like you would not really need your company for that, now would you?"

OoC: Max

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The mountains (?)
Saturday 12:35, October 2002

Fanog said:
The man standing in front of Leo shakes his head. His face has a grim expression that might indicate frustration. "Nah, I think that even a partnership might chafe for me. I'm not really a team-player, you know. Besides, isn't it rather early to propose a draw?"

"Hey, now, Sticks - who said anything about a draw?" Leo asked as he smiled. Competition, even one as dangerous as this, was something that Leo relished. He kept aware of his surroundings and tried to learn anything that the man would reveal - never verbally but in his actions and style that would give Leo the clues necessary to gain an advantage.

As far as his own skills, Leo varied his attack and defense times. At one point he would defend for almost a minute, then attack, then defend again, then go on the offense. He tried to keep his combat varied so that no pattern would hopefully emerge. He will continue at this for a while to determine the man's limits as well as his own.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
NYC, New York

"I apologize if I didn't make myself clear. The individual has infinate potential. You asked me about groups. The concept of the gestalt is that the power of the 1 is great but even more magnified as a part of a collective. The power of the Individual should never be overlooked. You can't make the great strides with out taking the first initial steps, this you always start small and work your way to the greater good." Max seems a bit iritated by the question. "When will this paralysis be over. I'm not going to be amused if I loose bladder control."

WizWrm

First Post
Fanog said:
Coffeebar Daybreak
Boston, Massachussets
Tuesday, October 2002, around 12:30 PM

Todd sits at the table alone, carefully eating a sandwich. Dark circles lie under his eyes like thunderclouds, clearly indicatng a deficiency in either the quantity or quality of his sleep.

Another dream - why can't I just rest? Todd thinks, taking a sip of coffee. Maybe I'm reading into this too much - it's causing me too much stress, and I have enough of that already. I need to relax. Perhaps a change of surroundings would do me some good. Todd scans over a page of notes that hold a genetics chart. Even meditation isn't helping this time - just more flashbacks. I know it's supposed to help you order your mind, but this is getting ridiculous.

A tall, lanky young man wearing a red-and-white jacket enters the bar, and, glancing around, spots Todd. Hm, there's Oliver. Before Todd has a chance to acknowledge his presence, however, Oliver takes up a seat across the room, opposite Todd. Avoiding me.

He finishes his cup of coffee, and Alice comes over to refill it, drawing his attention to the new arrival.

As the man walks over, Todd quickly sits up from his slouch, pushing his notes to one side. "Good afternoon, sir. Feel free to sit down. I was just finishing, but if you'd like to talk about something I can stay a bit longer."

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
The mountains (?)
Saturday 12:45, October 2002

The boney man tilts his head and bares his teeth in a peevish grin as he blocks the first of Leo's strike. Leo can feel his muscles warming up as he pours himself into the fight more and more. The man with him must also feel it, for he has finally stopped talking.

Both man slide along the room as try to size each other up, varying pace and style. Leo notes that the man must have training isn a myriad of different arts, and can vary fluently between each of them. As Leo and the skinny man become more accustomed to each other, and Leo gets a feel for his odd surroundings, the momentum of their fight increases, taking on a life of their own. After Leo makes a rapid advances, he spots a weakness in the man's defense. Taking immediate advantage of the opportunity, Leo dives in and plants a solid blow in the man's side, feeling the man's ribs below his fist. Only a split second later does Leo find out why the hole in the defense was there, as the man's knee retaliates and knocks the wind out of his lungs. The force leaves him staggered for a moment, but so is his opponent recovering from punch in his ribs.

In front of Leo's house, two man stand waiting. An awkard silence hangs between them as one smokes a cigar and the other gazes off into the distance. Suddenly, as if struck by lightning, the old gazing man twists about, looking at the other. "Mister Turnbull, do you now where the gas station is that Mister Sykes is heading? I suggest we get in the car now and drive there." The smoking one looks confused for the slightest moment, but springs into action. "Damnit, I knew it... You're gonna regret it if something has happened to him, old man." Gus hurries to his car, the old man following on his heels.

OoC: Leo

NYC, New York

"Hmm..." The man is silent for a moment, caught in doubt. "I understand that you place the power of individuals very highly, but it seems to me that you then underestimate yourself. You are right about a lot of things, and there is magic to be found in new uses of technology. I was trying to figure out why you would wait until you had a company before you would make use of that full potential. If you realize what you can do with knowledge and understanding, then why the wait?"

The man makes a nod, as if coming to a decision. "Very well. I hope that I have caught your attention, and that you will hear me out." The man releases one hand from the wheel, and places it in Max' neck. He pinches slightly, after which the feeling in his body starts to return.

OoC: Max

Coffeebar Daybreak
Boston, Massachussets

"Yes, I would. Thank you very much." The old man slowly takes place on the bench opposite Todd. "Mister Whitford, I think that I have come here to give you guidance. It seems like you are ready, but unsure of what is expected of you. I am aware that you have been having dreams, and that these have been more frequent lately. I can teach you what these dreams mean, they are a manifstation of searching for your destiny. You are standing on the brink of realizing what it is that you were meant to do. I do not know what this is, but I can help you find out."

The man looks at Todd closely, waiting to see how the words fall with the youg man.

OoC Todd

Argent Silvermage

First Post
NYC, New York

"ugh... Pins and needles. I hate that feeling when your nerves reactivate. You know Mr. Masuda. You never asked me what I do. It seems that your dealing with the preconcieved notion that I just putter around with things never actualy finishing anything. I'm in the process of developing a set of leg braces that will allow a parapalegic to walk. I have all these ideas in my head and just need the time to work on them all. And of course there are the dream designs." Max says under his breath.
Max streaches his legs and arms making sure there is movement there and continues. "You say that you have something to show me. I would very much like to see it. I belive in expanding the human potential and I've a feeling this will be dramatic.

WizWrm

First Post
Coffeebar Daybreak
Boston, Massachussets

Todd looks at the old man carefully as he talks. "Sir, I mean no offense, but that sounds a lot like a recruitment speech. I'm not particularly interested in discovering my destiny right now. I will admit I've had some odd dreams, but it's only because I need to relax."

Ugh, I never should have asked Jake about that dream last month. Todd thinks, A rehabilitated ex-convict looking for explanations and a new life... add a couple unusual dreams and a meditation class to the mix, and I'm a walking cult magnet. I'm going to need to be cautious with this fellow; don't want to get him angry at me.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The mountains (?)
Saturday 12:45, October 2002

". . . nice one . . . ," Leo said as he tried to bring the breath back into his lungs and stop the little birdies from floating around his head. Leo concentrated on breathing deep and being aware of his surroundings - and his opponent. If he could move fast and more powerfully with less energy, could he heal under the same principles? Now was the time to find out.

". . . how's . . . the rib?" Leo asked with a grin as he relaxed and let his body work its own magic. His eyes remained on is opponent and Leo went on the defensive, willing his body to work his blood to flow, oxygen to get where it was needed.

loxmyth

First Post
Streets of Boston (?)
Boston, Massachussets (?)
October 2002, around 11:30 AM

Perplexed at Bachnur's request, Jason shrugs helplessly. "That you're on fire? Honestly, I don't really know what you want from me." His eyes followed the contour of the demon's body, the thickly corded muscles, those bestial features. He swallowed slowly, then tried another stab at figuring out exactly what it wanted from him. What did fire signify, to him?

Well, destruction and anger, of course. But there was also the stories of djinn he'd heard as a child. It was elemental, necessary but sometimes unpleasant. And there was a regality to it too. Hadn't God created the angels from fire? He related these thoughts to Bachnur, still unsure how to fully communicate his feelings to the spirit before him.

Remove ads