• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic arrow help

Arcanus

First Post
What if I had enchanted arrows made and then had them under a permanent Augment Object spell? Which would give them a +20 to their break DC and double their hardness and hit points?

How would these stack up against breaking on impact?

DarkJester

First Post
Try to see if you can get someone to make you a quiver than casts GMW 3x per day or something. Shouldn't be *to* costly for a 16th level character.

Gaiden

Explorer
Just finished making an NPC archer for my own FRC game.

You have the following options available:

Take level in any class with GMW on its class list and get a spell trigger item (w/ or w/o) charges that casts that spell.

Get you party members to learn the spell!!! - For the cost, just buy a scroll of it and let your party members learn it from the scroll.

Take levels in Arcane Archer or Peerless Archer - both let you enchant the arrows yourself.

Arcanus

First Post
Okay I think I will take a cleric level to add to my CN archer's craziness.

Hell I think the only person with more jobs/classes than this archer is Barbie!!! Heck shes been everything from a lifeguard to an astronaut.

What spell trigger items would let me cast GMW besides a wand?

Does anyone know what Augment Object would do to my arrows?
Its a spell from the Stronghold Builders Handbook.
Could they survive hits better so they can be reused?

Pax

Banned
Banned
Arcanus said:
What spell trigger items would let me cast GMW besides a wand?

From the FRCS, possibly a Rune (Runes are somewhere between scroll and potion; Runecaster-made runes can have charges ... or charges-per-day ...).

Does anyone know what Augment Object would do to my arrows?
Its a spell from the Stronghold Builders Handbook.
Could they survive hits better so they can be reused?

No, I'd say probably not.

GMW is definitely the way to go, by hook or by crook.

Numion

First Post
Buy a Pearl of Power for the party spellcaster. Then they'll have the slot back, which they can then use to enchant their own weapons.. so they wouldn't lose anything. 16000 gp for 50 magic arrows / day isn't too bad. ;)

Arcanus

First Post
In a new d20 product I just bought from Malhavoc Press there is an awesome ring that is perfect for Arcane Archers.

I am going to post the description but change names and stuff around. The first item is the real thing with name changes the second is something I want to have made. Let me know if the cost or something is wrong.

Devil’s Ring: If you wear this ivory ring and pull back an
empty bow of any kind, an arrow appears, nocked and ready
to fire. Should you fire the arrow, it inflicts damage and acts
in all ways as a regular arrow. If you don’t fire the arrow, it
disappears after 1 round.
Caster Level: 1st; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, Devil’s Thorn;
Market Price: 2,000 gp

Devil’s Greater Ring: If you wear this ivory ring and pull back an
empty bow of any kind, an arrow appears, nocked and ready
to fire. Should you fire the arrow, it inflicts damage and acts
in all ways as a +5 magic arrow. If you don’t fire the arrow, it
disappears after 1 round. If removed from the bow without firing
it, it will lose its enchantment and disappear after 1 round.
Caster Level: 15th; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, Devil’s Thorn, Greater Magic Weapon; Market Price: 91,500 gp

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads