• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item - Monk Wraps of throwing

Mirage_Patrick

First Post
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on pricing this item.

Monk Wraps of Throwing
When a monk throwing weapon is thrown while wearing these wraps, they are temporarily granted a +1 enchantment bonus to hit and damage.

My plan is to allow it to be further enchanted, so I was planning on basing it off of the standard weapon enchantment costs, but I wasn't sure if it needed to be multiplied by some factor

DanMcS

Explorer
Mirage_Patrick said:
Monk Wraps of Throwing
When a monk throwing weapon is thrown while wearing these wraps, they are temporarily granted a +1 enchantment bonus to hit and damage.

My plan is to allow it to be further enchanted, so I was planning on basing it off of the standard weapon enchantment costs, but I wasn't sure if it needed to be multiplied by some factor

Standard weapon enchantment would make the wraps themselves magical weapons, not the daggers the guy throws.

Thrown weapons don't work quite like bows- if your bow is +5, your attack is at +5 and your damage is 1d8+5. There is no equivalent for throwing.

You'd probably need to base this off of a use-per-day item that is use-activated and casts magic weapon or GMW on the items you're throwing.

Mirage_Patrick

First Post
DanMcS said:
Standard weapon enchantment would make the wraps themselves magical weapons, not the daggers the guy throws.

I must admit, I already knew this, hence why I am here

DanMcS said:
Thrown weapons don't work quite like bows- if your bow is +5, your attack is at +5 and your damage is 1d8+5. There is no equivalent for throwing.

well, other than enchanting the weapons themselves of course

DanMcS said:
You'd probably need to base this off of a use-per-day item that is use-activated and casts magic weapon or GMW on the items you're throwing.

I would think something simple like some number (2?) times the cost of an equivalent enchantment on a weapon would be appropriate

Mirage_Patrick

First Post
DanMcS said:

this would not take care of the ongoing issue, how to put other weapon enhancements on it. Also, it will turn out to be cheaper thqan it should be at the higher levels (higher levels of + would be linear in progression, while weapon enhancements go up exponentially).

Remove ads