Magic of Incarnum... hmm...

BvS

First Post
Psychotic Jim said:
I think I'll adopt a wait-and-see attitude on this one. It might be good; it might be bad.

My thoughts exactly. While it sounds interesting, the power creep of WotC products has been getting pretty bad as of late.

Vertaxis

Explorer
Would this not open up a path for a warrior to take his enemies power by defeating him, drinking his blood, and eating his flesh?

Axegrrl

First Post
My initial thought, on reading the product blurb, was along the lines of "you have got to be kidding me... you're telling me that the evil mage queen can use the power of the soul of her unborn child to... oh, man, I do NOT want to go there..." [Yeah, was looking at the BoVD earlier today.]

And then, I thought, "hey waitaminute... unborn souls?? DEAD SOULS?!? Souls don't die -- bodies die, the soul goes on...."

This is either gonna be some really scary stuff, or WoTC's really scraping the bottom of the barrel... or both.

And it's now officially at the printers.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
This is either gonna be some really scary stuff, or WoTC's really scraping the bottom of the barrel... or both.

BoVD meets the Arms and Equipment Guide? Man, that's gonna irk EVERYBODY.

A lot about the mention of souls makes me quite nervous, since I don't praticularly want "do unborn babies have a soul? how about when you die?" discussions in my D&D game. I get enough of that watching the local news channels, thankyouverymuch....

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Kaz,

Not sure that's necessarily the case. Maybe a soul lingers BEFORE setting off on its journey out there. Just saying it's possible that its not an inherantly EVIL act to use souls, merely unwilling ones.

Silveras

First Post
Spoiler Alert !

Nightfall said:
Kaz,

Not sure that's necessarily the case. Maybe a soul lingers BEFORE setting off on its journey out there. Just saying it's possible that its not an inherantly EVIL act to use souls, merely unwilling ones.

Sounds to me like this draws, at least in part, on the underpinnings of the Bastion of Broken Souls adventure, where
part of the action took place in a planar location where the souls yet-to-be-born were used to power the BBEG's plot

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi-

This book seem's like a great source for a DM but the only thing I dont like is the Baby soul thing, not my cup of java at all!

I also think WoTC might be asking for trouble PR wise if they do go ahead with the destruction/ eat the souls of those unborn Idea. Not cool.

Scott

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Only with some people. I mean it's already considered a "tool of the devil". I don't see any chance of winning them over.

Remove ads