• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

make me a wis ot cha based warrior

Jhaelen

First Post
I am thinking of a prestige class are there any prestige classes that give me regeneration?
I can't think of any. But there are lots of ways to get fast healing...
what about a class that does self-resurrection?
Umm. ToB has a prestige class that can do something like that, I think - Jade Phoenix Mage or something like that...

I vaguely remember a prestige class in Heroes of Horror that had some way to avoid (or return) from death.

Darklone

I am thinking of a prestige class are there any prestige classes that give me regeneration?

what about a class that does self-resurrection?

also in the build mentioned by Darklone where does where wis damage come from?

Swordsages above level 4 get Wis mod to strike damage... and if you're a swordsage, you won't do anything but using strikes in most combats.

moritheil

First Post
I can't think of any. But there are lots of ways to get fast healing...
Umm. ToB has a prestige class that can do something like that, I think - Jade Phoenix Mage or something like that...

Yup. It's only once per week or once per month, or something like that.

I vaguely remember a prestige class in Heroes of Horror that had some way to avoid (or return) from death.
Deathdelver gets 9 lives as its capstone ability. Not worth it, as it's a one-time deal. If you die from a single instance of continuing damage you'll burn through all those lives.

All in all I'd stick with your core focus. Don't try to do everything or be everything. If you really are going to mix in cleric levels, look at Ruby Knight Vindicator.

glass

(he, him)
If you don't mind all the Exalted bagage that comes with it, there is a feat in BoED that allows you to add your Wis bonus to melee to hit rolls instead of your Str. Only works with simple weapons though, IIRC.

glass.

dnchut

First Post
I play a psi warrior and love it. Dimension door is so nice, you can drop the power points to do it instantly too, which is sometimes nice for grappling that caster in the back so you can keep him from casting! There is also an ability that allows you to realize when anyone is threatening you. This works against invisible casters quiet nicely, or just general knowledge. The fact that you have a power that says YOU CANNOT BE SUPRISED in its description is great. I use a psi-crystal as well. I also like the quirks that you can use with most psi warrior powers.

The major thing I like is the fact that I can not be suprised. One of the powers I usually keep up is the threat spell. This is very useful when leading parties, and the fact I can dimension door or expansion myself to size large is fun as well. I pack an AC of 34 at lvl 14. Decent saves as well. Gear might have been better but I rolled him up at lvl 12.

Anyways, I love the psi warrior, gives a little caster flavor to a very solid warrior class. Adding Expanded knowledge feat, sorry book not near but I think thats the name (allows you to take a psion power as your own) this is very feat for those wanting to grab an nice offensive or utility power for themselves.

Also one of the abilities allows you to heal yourself for 1d12 HP. Anyways, I really enjoy the class.

Last edited:

mr.pink

First Post
I play a psi warrior and love it. Dimension door is so nice, you can drop the power points to do it instantly too, which is sometimes nice for grappling that caster in the back so you can keep him from casting! There is also an ability that allows you to realize when anyone is threatening you. This works against invisible casters quiet nicely, or just general knowledge. The fact that you have a power that says YOU CANNOT BE SUPRISED in its description is great. I use a psi-crystal as well. I also like the quirks that you can use with most psi warrior powers.

The major thing I like is the fact that I can not be suprised. One of the powers I usually keep up is the threat spell. This is very useful when leading parties, and the fact I can dimension door or expansion myself to size large is fun as well. I pack an AC of 34 at lvl 14. Decent saves as well. Gear might have been better but I rolled him up at lvl 12.

Anyways, I love the psi warrior, gives a little caster flavor to a very solid warrior class. Adding Expanded knowledge feat, sorry book not near but I think thats the name (allows you to take a psion power as your own) this is very feat for those wanting to grab an nice offensive or utility power for themselves.

Also one of the abilities allows you to heal yourself for 1d12 HP. Anyways, I really enjoy the class.

Thanks a ton for the input but at this point i am pretty much entirely set on a warforged sword sage/ wu jen i just need an armored caster feat that letd me keep my plus 2 AC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads