• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making post gives "leave page" warning in Firefox

Starfox

Hero
I have an issue rioght now, which is that when I make a post, Firefox asks me if I want to leave the page and risk losing my edits. These posts are registered by ENworld ok, but somehow ENworld alerts the browser that there is a problem.

Are others having this issue? It began just this morning (that is, about an hour ago).

Starfox

Hero
This seems to happen only when I make replies to threaqds, not when I post new ones. Sometimes I also get "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds." from ENworld, even as the post I just made is successfully entered and shows if I reload the thread.

I'm have the same problem with internet explorer 10.

Also in the OTTer Refugee Camp group, I get an error message if I reply to a thread instead of the normal updated version of the thread, but posting a new discussion thread works fine. I feel that these might be related.

Same issue, with Firefox.

Also, whenever I get a notification, I see this at the top of the page:

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_UsernameHistory::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../dbtech/username_change/includes/hooks/member_build_blocks_start.php on line 3

That''s not an error with functionality though. Notifications are working. I'm just getting a "looks bad" error.

darjr

I crit!
Looks like the popup asking about moving away from a page is an existing bug that the VB folks are looking into.

Li Shenron

Legend
Same here. It seems to me it started to behave like this after Morrus' update yesterday. Apparently it's trying to post the same post twice.

MarkB

Legend
This seems to happen only when I make replies to threaqds, not when I post new ones. Sometimes I also get "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds." from ENworld, even as the post I just made is successfully entered and shows if I reload the thread.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times, using Google Chrome, again since the weekend update. I've also noticed a high number of double-posts when reading threads over the last couple of days.

EDIT: And it did it again, when posting this message.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's OK, guys, we know it's happening to a lot of people - and not just on this site. We're waiting for a fix from the developers of vBulletin.

Remove ads