Making your own power cards

11lon

First Post
Woah, amazing work! I wish I had the l33t skillz you guys have with photo-editing software or with MSE!

One request though: Can we have a top-post with links to what everyone has done so far?

With my limited internet time (and can only surf the net at work, no connection at home), I can't really comb through this entire thread and view each one, so if someone else can do it, it'd be great. Or is there a way to save this ENTIRE thread in one go?

Thindaraiel

First Post
OK, these I do have; however, when I try to run ander-enhanced, I get a "file not found" for D&DAnder.mse-game message. Not sure what to do to get this set of power cards pulled up.

Thanks.

OK. Here is the process to follow :
1) you will need MSE2 v0.3.7 in order to use the template
2) download the needed files :
- D&D-Ander.zip
- one or more style files : D&D-Ander-Simple, -Marble, -Shaded, -Parchment.zip
- one language pack : D&D-Ander-french or -english.zip
3) copy these files into MSE2 directory (not in data subdir)
4) unzip all files into MSE2 directory (they all contain the data directory)
5) unzip the D&D-Ander enhanced.zip file in whatever location you want

This should work !! Please report any problem.

Asm0dai

First Post
Thought you guys might be interested in this...

Dragonkard is proud to announce it’s new range of gaming card stock designed specifically for home printers.

Pre-printed and laminated like a playing card on one side!
Pre-printed scroll effect border on flip-side!
60% Pre-cut inc. Corners! Only 2 cuts per card required to free card!
9 cards per sheet, available in Green, Red, Black, Gold or Blue!
Great for 4E Power Cards and a host of other in-game uses!

Available immediately to all shipping destinations. Mail order only at this time. Please allow 2-5 working days for delivery.

Find out more and purchase direct at www.dragonkard.com

Smallprint:
Home printer required. Not suitable for printers with complex feeds.

Sonja

First Post
What are the differences between the enhanced and non-enhanced versions? I'd like to compare them visually first, without installing any one of them, because people seem to be reporting bugs.

Thindaraiel

First Post
What are the differences between the enhanced and non-enhanced versions? I'd like to compare them visually first, without installing any one of them, because people seem to be reporting bugs.

Ander's original template and set can be found here : http://www.enworld.org/forum/4274554-post568.html

Ander enhanced template (made by me from Ander's original template) can be found here : http://www.enworld.org/forum/4528485-post1232.html
I have made some clarifications on install process here : http://www.enworld.org/forum/4544480-post1292.html
And the corresponding set can be found here : http://www.enworld.org/forum/4538465-post1273.html

Note that original Ander's template and mine are not compatible. Eventually I will create a little conversion program, but I do not have time for the moment.

You can see some images here : http://www.enworld.org/forum/4528485-post1232.html
As I kept the original design, you can have a good idea of card appearance in original Ander's template. I added some backgrounds, some icons, and more flexibility in the header's shape.

I have ideas to do more modifications to the template, but it will deeply change its design, so I am thinking in renaming it, to avoid confusion.

MudbloodMage

First Post
Thindaraiel those are awesome. Nice to see they are complete and accurate (as far as I can see) too. Only things not included are feats (not sure I'll bother) rituals and the items from the PHB.

The only problem I have is printing, my printer doesn't have the options posted here to make 9 per page. I think I'll have to export them, resize them and make my own pages to print. Or buy a new printer.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Ander and Thindaraiel.

P.S. I made a new folder and put a copy of MSE.exe in it and made a data folder inside that with a copy of the en.mse-locale. Then I downloaded your files (except the french lang one) and unzipped them into the data folder (except the enhanced mse-set which I put in the main folder). Everything works fine.

Just one question; I want to shorten the line that shows the special symbols for items powers in the rules zone. I want to move it a bit to the left, can you tell me which file I need to edit to do that?

Edit: Nevermind I found it, but nothing seems to happen when I change the numbers, (shrug)

Last edited:

Sonja

First Post
Cool! I think I'll either go for Ander's originals, or for Hirahito's once his website goes back up. Wow, I can't believe I just scanned through 44 pages of this thread.

Sonja

First Post
Actually, there's something about Grandpa's cards I really like. Where can I find cardstock that easily detaches into the exact size of these cards? Or do I need to cut all the cards by hand with a paper cutter or scissors?

Too bad we couldn't make the cards the standard business card size, since such perforated cardstock is easy to buy in office supply stores.

Are there any other suppliers besides dragonkard.com ?

Remove ads