Making your own power cards

Llwynog

First Post
I've been using the modified Ander set (the one with blast radius next to the attack symbol) but ran into an issue when trying to make beastmaster cards for my wife: there's no "beast" attack symbol.

I made a symbol of my own and thought I had it edited in but it's not working. Does anyone know how to make it work? Or better yet: has anyone already edited the mse data files to add a beast symbol?

Thanks.

MudbloodMage

First Post
You want to add another damage icon? (Like the acid, cold, fire etc..?) If i'm right you'll have to edit the "data\D&D-Ander-dict.mse-include\damage-icons and data\D&D-Ander-dict.mse-include\icon-fields files to include your image. Make your image named damage-beast.png or .gif
Just follow the same format the other damage icons do for directory paths.

Thindaraiel

First Post
I will soon release a new version of the template, which includes the beast icons seen on the forum. I plan on putting the template online before the end of the week. If you can't wait, please send me a private message, and I will send you the needed modifications of code.

Waveblade

First Post
Adventurer's Vault Updated FINALLY

Sorry for not updating for awhile but stuff came up. Anyway I've uploaded the next part. This includes the head, neck, waist items and rings.

All I have to do now is the wonderous and consumable items+Plus edit the alchemy cards for new icons.

Link here.

PS I'll Say again the Powerpoint file will be uploaded in the end which will be in a day or two.

PPS: Did we get another page merge or something?

Duniagdra

First Post
After about a week of wrangling and design, Black Plauge and I have come up with what we feel is a serviceable design for using MSE to make character cards. You can check out the evolution in this thread at DragonAvenue. A lot of the numbers and such are automated (surges, HP calculation, ability modifiers), and I think it looks pretty darn good.

Even better than that, we've made it so you can use the same card to make monster cards, in the same template format.

I have attached the MSE game and style folders.

You can look at two samples below.

attachment.php

attachment.php
I just tried accessing your cards through MSE and I'm doing something wrong. While I have Ander's set running, I'm unable to get your set to run. I added your set to MSE >> data folder, the same as Ander. I'm supposed to click open new set, right? When I do, I'm not finding anything but empty folders. What did I forget?

disarray2

First Post
The error message (well the first of many) I get is

Can't convert "falsefalsefalsefalse" from string ("falsefalsefalsefalse") to interger number in function convert_defenseicon while updating card value 'defensetext'

Remove ads