Making your own power cards

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Actually, there's something about Grandpa's cards I really like. Where can I find cardstock that easily detaches into the exact size of these cards? Or do I need to cut all the cards by hand with a paper cutter or scissors?
I cut mine out using a hobby knife guided by a ruler. It would be nice to have perforated card paper, though. I don't know where you can get that.

I really like the simplicity of Grandpa's cards. They are clean, crisp, and just do what I need them to do (although occasionally I wish the write-in boxes were a little wider :) ).

Last edited:

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I did up power cards for the bard using Grandpa's format, but I can't save them to a pdf file. Well, actually, I can on my home computer, but my home computer is a Mac and I don't have Calibri! Is there a free, Calibri-like font for Macs out there?

Znax

First Post
Fields available for cards name

Hello all

I use the Ander00 template, in MSE, and I want to organize my saved images...
I saw the name field ({card.name}, I discover the level field, but I don't know about the class/race field...
Can someone help me please ?

Thx

firesnakearies

Explorer
Actually, there's something about Grandpa's cards I really like. Where can I find cardstock that easily detaches into the exact size of these cards? Or do I need to cut all the cards by hand with a paper cutter or scissors?

Too bad we couldn't make the cards the standard business card size, since such perforated cardstock is easy to buy in office supply stores.

Are there any other suppliers besides dragonkard.com ?

Check these guys out, they have some good stuff:

Perforated Paper - Custom Perforated Paper and Perforated Card Stock

JackSmithIV

First Post
Hey there!

There's so much incredible stuff going on in this thread. So many incredible templates. I was wondering if any of the authors of these templates could tell me if there was a card template that was available for commercial use for products distributed by PDF? There would be full credit involved, of course. If someone is interested in putting up a template, please get in touch, or let me know somehow. It'd be greatly appreciated!

Ladybam

First Post
Heya Turk,

I love the card design (horizontal as it is). Do you happen to have the magic set editor templates to go with the card so I don't have to design one from scratch?

Thanks for the help,
Knight

P.S. Almost finished with the barbarian set, but need a background and need to check them for errors.
Character Power Card Sets

Thanks for such great card. Josiah cards are my personal fave, but Andr00 are also great cards. Thanks so much for great cards.

eloquentaction

First Post
Josiah -

Hey. Just a word of warning - your web site has PDF's that are exact scans of the AV and PHB (there might be more, that's all that I saw).

I'm 190% positive that's a total no-no.

You might want to drop those off of there before someone at WOTC see's them and decides to pop you.

-- Hirahito

Maledictus

First Post
Are there any other suppliers besides dragonkard.com ?

Disclaimer: I AM NOT making these cards for a profit. The original works of the cards is produced by others and therefore I am not out to make a profit. I AM making these cards so that other DnD players out there can have something that looks nice and is fun to use during play.

With that said, I can print cards from any set so far produced within MSE(Ander's, Thindariel's enhanced Ander's, hirahito's, and tintagel's.)

Note: If you want to purchase tintagel's cards from me, you must first purchase his template from him.

Price per page(9 cards) is $1.10. It includes all printing, driving, cutting, etc. I use cardstock, not vellum, so it's as thick as a business card and a little more expensive.

With that said, you can purchase a full class type(about 89 cards average, for lvl 1-30) for around $11.

Anyhow, picture below: Cards are printed one-sided and placed in card sleeves with your choice of back color.

DSC_0021.jpg

MudbloodMage

First Post
I don't think you can adjust the gradients. If you have the mse-style images you could edit them in photoshop or Irfanview or something. I'm pretty sure you can't change the pictures with the MSE program. And you definately can't change them in the PDFs.

Remove ads