Making your own power cards

disarray2

First Post
That sounds like you're trying to use the older version of the files with the newer version of MSE. Try downloading the files from here and using them instead.

That got rid of the errors so thank you very much. But I'm still having a weird problem. I can't see the list of cards. It's the same for all the files.

Black Plauge

First Post
You don't have any columns set to visible then for the set. Click on the bar where the column headers are supposed to go and then select the columns that you want to see. This is a recurring problem with MSE because that setting is saved locally and so I can't see what is or isn't visible when I play around with the field definitions (as my local preferences override any defaults I might set). I've tried changing that behavior by setting some defaults, but can't seem to get it right (as evidenced by the fact that you're having the problem).

Daelkyr

First Post
Okay, this is a question for Thindaraiel, how do you change the selected font for the power names for your enhanced Ander00 power cards? I've been doing some modding with the set. (Love your versitility, but wanted to keep the older icons for my players so I worked them back into the set.) Anyway, the reason I ask, is because I want to have the power names in DnDLolth so they match the headers in the PHB. Thanks for any help.

Thindaraiel

First Post
You can modify the "game" file in the .mse-game directory. Each text section (name of power, rule, flavor, descriptors...) has a font described. Name of the power is (surprisingly) "name" section. You just have to change the font name with one already installed on your PC.

Maybe I should add the font choice in the template for future versions ?

Daelkyr

First Post
I'm sorry, I'm looking at the game file, and I can see the sections you are talking about, but I can't seem to gork what lines actually handle the font selection. Could you maybe provide a screen shot of what I need to replace?

Black Plauge

First Post
Fonts are handled in the style file, not the game file (tsk, tsk, Thindariel). Look for the "name" field in the style file and it should be fairly obvious which line controls font selection (hint, you're looking for the fields under the "font" heading).

Moribund

First Post
I've created a wall icon for my purposes. I went the isometric projection of a brick wall approach. I decided to post it here in case anyone wants to use it in their sets.

wall.png

It does look better with a white background.

Remove ads