• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Hello guys !

Here is a new version of the Thindaraiel template. This v2.0 version is designed to work with UCS Beta2 game file (not included in the package, you will have to download it also from Hirahito's links). No new functionnality, but everything that was in it before is still there.

With this version, you will be able to test the potential of UCS: the template is fully compatible with Hirahito's one, you can use both templates in the same mse-set.

Have fun !

Download : Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Thin -

Your v2 template looks simply awesome.

Keep up the good work.

-- Hirahito

mps42

First Post
I'm sure this is user error but I really can't get UCS to work at all. I've dl and installed MSE as well as Beta 3 of the UCS as well as the Simple hirohito style and copied it all into the ME dir.
When I open MSE I can find and open the beta 3 set but MSE gives me a "warning" window at the bottom of the screen with nothing in it. When I choose the style I get error "card has no member 'classification' " and if I try to apply the style to the cards I cannot veiw ANY card.

HELP!

VikingChris

Explorer
This is the latest update picture.

ElvenBattleArmor.jpg

This looks awesome! I look forward to printing them out.

Avrus

First Post
Tristan -

Check the toosigma.com site. The new Beta 3 of the UCS has been released and now my template has been updated to work with it.

Plus, the new Beta 3 of the UCS now has an MSE-SET that has 3206 cards; All of the PHB, the MM, the DMG, the AV, the FRPG, some of the Dragons and some of the ENWorld material.

This is all in Beta, so we'd appreciate any feedback; good or bad.

-- Hirahito

Is it possible to add a downlink page link to the left hand navigation of the main page? Unless you've bookmarked the page directly it's challenging ot navigate to.

Thanks for the great work!

Avrus

First Post
Well, after taking a break from working on power cards for awhile after releasing my first template, to put in some serious work on my 4E campaign, I am back, at least for the time being.

It is gratifying to know that people are using and liking my template. Many thanks to all those who do. I am currently working on an update to it, not many sweeping changes, just cleaning up some areas, tightening up the design a bit, and playing with some stuff. I will post the new template here when I am done, (which will hopefully be soon)and would appreciate any and all feedback you can give.

I am curious though, regarding the legality of using official 4e fonts in the power cards. I have versions with and without, and I must admit, I really like the unified look using the fonts out of the book can give. If anyone can enlighten me that would be excellent.

The idea of the UCS is very exciting. Props to everyone who is putting in time on this.

Yes I love your card template, if you're taking suggestions I would really enjoy giving some feedback. I'm eager to print off a new batch of cards.

dzokvic

First Post
@ Hirahito - Feel free to update my set and put it in the UCS. I have absolutely no ability to script, code, or perform whatever voodoo magic it is that you programmers do to make awesome things like the UCS work. I make a pretty looking template that is functional, and that is about as far as my skill goes. Also, if you want to make a MSE template out of my new version when it is finished, you are more than welcome, and I certianly would understand if it was low on the priority list. Is there any way I could make this easier for you?

@ Avrus - Absolutly I am taking suggestions on the updated design. My goal is to create a simple card design that has all of the pertinent information on it. I want it to look pretty, but not have the looks detract from players being able to access the information at a glance in the middle of combat. So if you have suggestions, by all means, fire away.

BTW - not upset or anything, but my handle is DZOKVIC, no K on the end, lol :)

With that, here is the first preview of my new template; let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Color Spray.jpg
    Color Spray.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Scorching Burst.jpg
    Scorching Burst.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Flaming Sphere.jpg
    Flaming Sphere.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
This looks awesome! I look forward to printing them out.

The template is kinda on hold right now, have not heard from my partner but By my life, It will be completed and be part of the UCS If it is the last thing I do before I die..

My partner can only do it at work and he lives in Paris so the time difference gives us very little time to communicate. But I do understand that work comes first and I can not find anyone else to assist us. I figure it has about 3 or 4 more hours of work left before it is fully up and running.

Avrus

First Post
@ Avrus - Absolutly I am taking suggestions on the updated design. My goal is to create a simple card design that has all of the pertinent information on it. I want it to look pretty, but not have the looks detract from players being able to access the information at a glance in the middle of combat. So if you have suggestions, by all means, fire away.

BTW - not upset or anything, but my handle is DZOKVIC, no K on the end, lol :)

With that, here is the first preview of my new template; let me know what you think.

I'd love to see an option for your template to have a symbol in the second box for the attack (INT / STR whatever) and the defense in the third box. Or even one with four boxes where the 3rd box is the + and the fourth box is the defense.

Remove ads