• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making your own power cards

Timba

First Post
Dzokvic

It's beuatiful, but I guess there should be 5-6 field.

1. Action Type
2. Attack
3. Defense
4. Damage
5. Damagetype #1
6. Damagetype #2

Anyway as I se there is enough space for this fields.

Last edited:

DrunkenEwok

First Post
Avrus said:
Is it possible to add a downlink page link to the left hand navigation of the main page? Unless you've bookmarked the page directly it's challenging ot navigate to.
This has been done on the wiki - also added a new forum announcement with direct links to the Download and Getting Started pages. Should make it easier to find things. Thanks for the heads up, and please let me/us know if there's anything that can make using UCS easier.

technowraith said:
Are there any programs that auto-calculates the power cards?
Actually, one of the projects on the drawing board (which will go into development once UCS is up and running) is to build a DDI character converter that will allow users to pick and choose from a variety of character sheet templates and will automatically create a mse-set with pre-calculated information based on your DDI character stats. So while we don't have auto-calc cards yet, it is something we're planning to work on.

The DDI Character Builder does currently create cards (only up to L3 for now) - but you're locked into their choice of template, which isn't nearly as gorgeous as anything our uber-talented designers have come up with, imho.

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
Your v2 template looks simply awesome.
-- Hirahito
For those working more closely on the UCS, I have a question that was triggered by Thindaraiel's template.

I thought the idea was to use the UCS as a standard base. I was surprised to see a special version of the symbol and icons folders specific to Thindaraiel's template. Is there stuff missing from UCS that was required?

More specifically, would the standard text work with Thindaraiel's template and utilize those special symbols? The flip-side question is: If someone makes a card using the special symbols, would they be useable by someone who does not have Thin's template loaded?

Avrus

First Post
This has been done on the wiki - also added a new forum announcement with direct links to the Download and Getting Started pages. Should make it easier to find things. Thanks for the heads up, and please let me/us know if there's anything that can make using UCS easier.

Thanks very much!

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
I wasn't able to get your skill title changes into this release, nor did I get your 'tristaboxes' into the set.
Don't worry about it! I am very happy to see the work on Beta 3 and I hope this project succeeds grandly.

Actually, now that I am pouring over the card text in UCS, I am changing my tune a bit regarding Basic Actions.

The titles get a bit large for something like "Perception: Search" or "Thievery: Open Lock" so putting the skill in every title does not seem like such a great idea anymore. I would personally still change the title of First Aid, but apparently I am not unclear on other skill uses, so it is a personal flaw ;)

I am sure this will only get better as there are more templates to choose from so that people can personalize the cards exactly as they want them. :cool:

BTW: I love the flexibility of the "Hirahito-Simple" template. I switched the background style to 'Parchment3', the top mask to 'Leather2', and the icon background to 'Brassring' and I have a nice set of cards that I find esthetically pleasing. :]

eloquentaction

First Post
For those working more closely on the UCS, I have a question that was triggered by Thindaraiel's template.

I thought the idea was to use the UCS as a standard base. I was surprised to see a special version of the symbol and icons folders specific to Thindaraiel's template. Is there stuff missing from UCS that was required?

More specifically, would the standard text work with Thindaraiel's template and utilize those special symbols? The flip-side question is: If someone makes a card using the special symbols, would they be useable by someone who does not have Thin's template loaded?

These are great questions.

UCS is (as you may have noticed) releasing a 'common' set of symbols, art, and so forth. Any set designer is free to use these as much (or as little) as they desire.

But the UCS is *not* going to lock a template designer to just these common tools. If a template designer wants to create all new symbols, art and so forth, they are more than free to do so.

There's really only two rules for the UCS: Don't change the GAME file and re-release it (but you can ask that changes be made to the GAME file in the next release), and the last rule of: Don't use someone's resources without asking and then re-posting a 'Thanks to...' message.

So, if you wanted to use Thin's resources, you'd have to ask him and get permission then repost a 'Thank you Thin for letting me use your XXX.'

-- Hirahito

DennisB

First Post
And to continue with eloquentaction answer about stiles, I opted for the magic items to go with the colorful blue symbols so they can be quickly noticeable where as others opted to go with the plain black symbols and any special conditions (Like Healing surge and special conditions, ect. will also be on mine and the others wont, like he said it will all be compatible though.

like so.

ArmorofSacrifice.jpg

Last edited:

dzokvic

First Post
Well...there is good news and bad news. The bad being that I just built a new computer and in the process of transferring data over, I experienced some corruption, and my power card template does not currently exist.

The good news is, this allows me to start from scratch, rather than trying to edit my 1.0 template. I also have a light week at work, so progress can be made fairly quickly. Hopefully I will have something up later in the week.

I will see what can be done about making more fields on the left hand side. I was originally going to go with icons here for the attack and defense, but I found that they were not grokkable enough by players. If anyone has some good ideas for icons that could be used for this purpose, please share. :)

eloquentaction

First Post
Well...there is good news and bad news. The bad being that I just built a new computer and in the process of transferring data over, I experienced some corruption, and my power card template does not currently exist.

The good news is, this allows me to start from scratch, rather than trying to edit my 1.0 template. I also have a light week at work, so progress can be made fairly quickly. Hopefully I will have something up later in the week.

I will see what can be done about making more fields on the left hand side. I was originally going to go with icons here for the attack and defense, but I found that they were not grokkable enough by players. If anyone has some good ideas for icons that could be used for this purpose, please share. :)

The UCS has some attack and defense icons in the common symbols section originally made by Black Plauge and Mercutio.

Please feel free to use those or to make your own.

-- Hirahito

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads