Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias dropped his weapon, too. But not his shield.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 16/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command, Shield of Faith

Effects: -

XP:1.200 (+337.5xp each)
Gold: 264
Get in adventure: 4/5 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Viktor grudgly agrees to the plan taking shape and steps away from the door and drops his weapons. A minute later the group hears shuffling coming from inside the rundown shack and then the sounds of the door bar being removed.

The door cracks open inward and the business end of a light crossbow pokes out, "I know not who ye be but ye be trespassin' so ye best leave." comes a voice from inside though you can not see anyone.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry guys busy weekend I think Midias should try a Diplomacy check Reis got him to go from Unfriendly to Indifferent so a DC 15 check to get him to go from Indifferent to Friendly. Or we could always just go the crossbow route, ;) [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias dropped his weapon, too. But not his shield.

"Open the door! We already nearly lost someone!" Midias says to harshly.

[sblock=OOC]
---

Midias Sunchosen

[/sblock]

[sblock=Diplomacy check]1d20+1=7

Miss :([/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I don't care," the voice says. "You are not suppose to be here. So you have to the count of three to turn around and go. One..."

[sblock=OOC] Take this to slight combat mode post your actions or ready actions incase this does go to combat. Also anything else you guys can say to get him to drop the bow please try it. [/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis passes his hand over his eyes wearily, watching events unfold between Midias and Aedan. But he quickly straightens up and walks over to the door, deliberately placing himself in front of Aedan and his crossbow.

"Aedan, I will be blunt. We know a little about your trouble with the Lady Ssedenka and the danger you are it; we have been asked to find out more. My friends have some experience with this kind of thing. If you help us, perhaps we can help you in turn. You must know that you cannot remain here forever."

Reis gestures to the crossbow before adding, "What else can you do? Shoot me? Do so, if you wish. I have already dropped my weapons as a token of honesty. But if you treat all your potential allies so, there will be none left to aid you when you are found at last."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, I'm not sure if this needs a diplomacy check, since I'm just trying to keep him talking. Whether or not he attacks an unarmed person would probably have more to do with straight alignment.

But in case you want one, here's a diplomacy roll:
1d20+2=9[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

[sblock=OOC]
Preparing action: Command 'Drop it' (spell), if Aedan tries to fire his crossbow.

---

Midias Sunchosen

[/sblock]

[sblock=Diplomacy check]1d20+1=7

Miss :([/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ssedenka?..No!" Aedan shouts pointing the crossbow.

{{Command- Drop!}} Midias's spell has an the desired effect as the crossbow falls from Aedan's hand. Turning end over end then the butt hits the ground between Reis and Aedan releasing the bolt. It catches Reis in the shoulder hard sending the half-elf flying to the ground.

"You bastard!" Viktor cries scoping up his glavie as he moves to the door pushing through it causing Aedan to stumble back over the crates and boxes inside. Falling to a sitted postion the heavily scarred man raises his hands to defend himself. Viktor pauses as he sees the burnt man sitting there shoeless. He sees the bottoms of Aedan's feet cracked and bloody they look as if he had walked a thousand miles over glass.

Midias rushes to Reis's side as the young ranger picks himself off the ground.

[sblock=OOC] Well I got to use the basic arrow trap after all. :) And boy was it wierd ok inital hit 1d20+10 = 30, dmg = 2 which led me to worrying about the crit , but I rolled it and crit confirmed dmg = 4 which totaled out to 6 damage which is the max for a regular hit (could have been 18 ouch).

No combat that was a surprise round everyone getting an action + a bunch of 5'steps. Sorry yours was stand from prone Errandir :p Viktor has calmed down a little but from his perspective Aedan shot Reis point blank. [/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis pulls himself upright, face white. "I didn't think... he'd actually..." he mumbles, and then his expression hardens and he reaches for his weapons.

[sblock=ooc]That's six damage? Ouch.

Well, I guess it was worth a shot. At least now we can beat him up without feeling guilty about it, heh. Midias still gets his surprise round action, right?

If we need initiative rolls: 1d20+1=20[/sblock][sblock=stats]Reis Moinnael
Half-elf Ranger, level 2
Medium, Speed: 30'

HP: 6/12, BAB: 2, Init +1
AC: 15, FF: 14
Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0

Rapier: +4, 1d6+2, 18-20x2
Mace: +4, 1d6+2, 20[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] He didn't actually shoot you the crossbow went off as it hit the ground. Now what did your charcater see is entirely up to you. ;)

Surprise round was:
Midias - Cast Command, 5' step towards Reis
Reis - Stand up from prone
Viktor - Retrieve weapon from ground, 5' step into doorway
Aedan - Withdrawl 20' back, tripped over boxes is prone

Initative if you wish WD it is hard to say what will go from here. This is a balancing act I think may play out badly for Aedan :eek:
[/sblock]

Remove ads