• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne, Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy (IC)

Cirri starts in surprise at Gadeann's words, then speaks with venom. "Lamm?! If he's orchestrated this little bit of fun, I'll have naught to do with it!" Pushing off the wall against which she stood, Girri shoots a quick look outside the room, retreat obvious in her demeanor.

Rhun

First Post
The Shoanti raises an eyebrow, the one above his grey eye. "I was told to come here so that I could find Lamm and bring vengenace down upon his head. I was told that there would be others of like-mind here as well."

Legildur

First Post
"I think we have all rolled the dice in our decision to come here," the seated scrawny man mutters. Downing the last of his wine, he lifts his head. Looking out through his sunken eyes at each person in turn. "And it will be well worth if what the note promises is true."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The silent watcher frowns to himself when the Varsian girl goes into the address he is watching. Blazes and Hellfire! He took a deep breath, taking in the cool air. His mouth was dry. He wanted a drink. But now was not the time. Now, he needed to focus.

He wanted a little while longer. Seeing no one enter or leave, the big man walks purposefully to the door. Folks scatter as he does so, not caring the difference between a member of the Order and someone with the right walk. With a purposeful hand, he opens the door. He finds...

... the Varsian by the door, perhaps startled by his sudden appearance, but definitely wary of the others.
... the lanky Shoanti, standing alone, his back in a defensive position.
... the scrawny one, his hands on a cup and eyes sallow.
... the well dressed one. Out of place, but waiting just the same.

The large man nods perfunctorily. "None of you are the one who summoned us, I see. No one else has been looking in, so we wait." With that, he crosses his arms, kicking the door shut. If he seems to be guarding the woman, it is a trick of the mind, for Coldan Ciarra would certainly not admit to anyone, especially himself, any need or desire to defend her.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Quintel...Karastro Quintel

Finally, he speaks, his voice low. "What have you with Lamm? If you too seek vengeance, know that you'll have to stand in line."

"Vengeance? No, I seek justice. Lamm wronged my family, took much I had from me. For that he will see his death" Karastro looks at the Shoanti's weapon, "and not necessarily with the end of an axe."

When the armored man enters, Karastro seems not surprised. Though some surprise does register when he declares that he is here for the same reasons as all of them. With the man's appraising looks, Karastro unconciously straightens his vest, revealing the holy symbol of Abadar knit into the breast of his shirt.

"None of you are the one who summoned us, I see. No one else has been looking in, so we wait."

"Good to know that you've be keeping guard. If this is Lamm's doing at least we know he and his associates have not been around."

With the awkward silence all about them, Karasto speaks up, "I'm Quintel...Karastro Quintel," he says with a smile and nod at the newcomers.

When Coldan enters and kicks the door closed, Girri does indeed jump. Looking for all the world irritated with Coldan for invading her space and cutting off her means of retreat, Girri quickly moves away from the helmed man.

"Death's too good for Lamm. It's his honeyed tongue I'm wanting. Let the wretch try to woe children with no voice."

When Karastro reveals his holy symbol of Abadar, Girri spits and says nothing more. Schiesse. A priest.

Rhun

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
"I'm Quintel...Karastro Quintel," he says with a smile and nod at the newcomers.

The Shoanti inclines his head slightly at Quintel's introduction, his stringy, coppery hair falling across his face. He brushes the hair from his face with a heavily callused hand. "I am Gadeann Fayne. And whether it is vengenace or justice you seek, it matters little; all that matters is that Lamm's death is at hand."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rhun said:
"All that matters is that Lamm's death is at hand."
"You speak prematurely, Shaonti," comes the man's booming voice, made hollow by the fiend's mask. Made empty by something he's seen. "Lamm's death is not on the table. Dead men serve no penance in this life, and punishment in the life after is not enough to put the fear into them now. I have seen the Hellish Legions and the fates of those bound to them, and a man fallen to them only learns to serve... not to repent. There is no payment there. No vengeance. Death... death is too good for those who deserve it."

Legildur

First Post
The seated man scoffs quietly, clearly at the reference to hell and that entails. He continues to drink some wine and then speaks. "I don't need to travel to see Hell," he says. "I live it every day, thanks to Lamm."

Finally deciding that this must be the full quota of people to whom the cards have been given, the man with the sallow face and sunken eyes draws his card from a pocket in his coat and places it on the table for all to see. "Lucky Edlin is my name," he says with irony clear in his voice. "Apparently our supposed benefactor has deemed me the 'wanderer'."

Voadam

Legend
As the sun begins its inevitable fall into night Orman Stahl strides purposefully to 3 Lancet Street.

Drawing the door wide he stands a moment framed in the doorway as he takes the measure of the crowd inside.

The pale skin, dark hair, and dark eyes proclaim the young man a pureblooded Chelaxian. The panther rampant symbol upon his waistcoat and the signet ring upon his hand pronounce him of the house of Stahl. A dueling blade is at his side. His carriage bespeaks of confidence, determination, and boldness. There is no hesitation or meekness in his bearing or movements.

"I am Orman Vellatriu du Stahl. I have come. Who sent the card?"

Last edited:

Remove ads