• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne, Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy (IC)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The fiendish helm gazes upon the arrived noble. Coldan repressed a cringe. Him and the priest type were going to be full of themselves, and the morose Chelxian was not helping either. But the big man moved out of the way of the door in any case, to give the newcomer room to sit. Coldan stayed by the door. He did his best not to look at the Varsian.

"Our 'benefactor'"---the twist of the word was clear---"has not arrived. We wait."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Quintel...Karastro Quintel

Karastro slides the bread down the table closer to those that stand by the door. "We all have been summoned for good reason it seems. We all want to see Lamm not in as good of shape as he is now. Whoever has brought us together said that they know where Lamm is. The question is, can we work together long enough to make sure Lamm pays for his misdeeds, and have him not get away when we find him because of somebody's desire for revenge clouded their judgement?"

Rhun

First Post
"I am willing to work with any who seek the fall of Lamm," answers the rangy tribesman, thumping the butt of his polearm against the ground to accentuate his words. "If working together is the only way to ensure this, then I happily pledge my axe to the cause."

-

stonegod

EvolutionKB said:
"The question is, can we work together long enough to make sure Lamm pays for his misdeeds, and have him not get away when we find him because of somebody's desire for revenge clouded their judgement?"
"You presume much, Law-Giver, without hearing from our vaunted host. I shall make no pacts without knowing how much of my soul it will cost."

Not again, anyway... The thought was sour, bitter ashes of Infernal ruin.

Girri frowns at the bread proffered by Karastro and shakes her head no. Too many bodies in too tight a space. Girri's head swivels round the room. And me the only cuny. Shiesse.

Malvoisin

First Post
Further conversation among the six strangers is halted by the opening of the front door and appearance of an attractive, middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair. She enters the home with a smile, weaving wordlessly between those who stand in the small room. The woman takes a seat at the table and produces a Harrow deck from her pocket and begins idly shuffling the cards. Her skill with the deck is obvious, as the cards seem to float and dance over her hands and the tabletop. With a nod of her head, she indicates that those not already seated should do so. At last, the mysterious woman speaks with a rich voice, thick with the accent of the traveling people. "Thank you all for coming. I am Zellara. May I get your names, please?"

[sblock=Girri]Girri recognizes this woman, although she is not personally acquainted with her. Zellara visited Bent Trace Futurities a handful of times during Girri's 'stay' there, talking with Mother Crone about various matters. Mother Crone treated the younger woman respectfully, if a bit coolly, at least to her face. After her departure, however, Mother Crone usually sneered to Zellara's back, and clearly she regarded her as an upstart competitor. It's been a few years since Girri has seen Zellara, and Zellara gives no indication that she remembers Girri from those days.[/sblock]

Zellara.JPG

Rhun

First Post
The tall Shoanti leans his heavy axe against the wall, and takes a seat nearby. Though the weapon is not now in hand, the man's gauntlet sports wicked spikes which look sharp and deadly. He removes a harrow card from his pocket, which depicts a stylized keep."I am Gadeann Fayne. What know you of Lamm?"

stonegod

Beneath his helm, Coldan frowns as the Varsian enters. Another ghost to haunt him. His right hand clenched again, but he crushed the thoughts in his head as they threatened to resurface. Remember the training. Iron Will. Iron Law. Iron Right.

The mailed man sits wordlessly. He unfortunately finds himself with little choice in the placement, and sits himself next to the new Varsian fortuneteller. The empty seat next to him is full of potential problems, but he ignores them. Unlike the Shaonti, the warrior's weapons are still all in grasp, his wicked shield guarding his back.

"Coldan Ciarra. Knight." He places a card of a mourning noble before him, pulling it from his metal wrist.

Voadam

Legend
The young nobleman notes the names and cards of the first two as well as measuring their apparent martial skills. He takes the last seat and eyes the new Varisian sharply, his eyes carefully evaluating her. "Orman Vellatriu du Stahl." He holds up a card with a titan striding through a forest "The juggler." with a flick it spins to land on the table in front of him.

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
The tall Shoanti leans his heavy axe against the wall, and takes a seat nearby. Though the weapon is not now in hand, the man's gauntlet sports wicked spikes which look sharp and deadly. He removes a harrow card from his pocket, which depicts a stylized keep."I am Gadeann Fayne. What know you of Lamm?"
Zellara's eyes flicker briefly upward to meet Gadeann's gaze. "Patience, Shoanti. All will be revealed." The fortune teller waits for the others to introduce themselves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads