• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Rhun

First Post
"Apologies, m'lady," says Anar, with a quick bow and wide smile from the unexpected hug. "I'm embarrassed to admit it, but your brother Vanthus got the drop on us. He sealed us in some old smugglers tunnels beneath Parrot Island. There were...things best not spoken of walking within those corridors. But we dealt with the threats as best we could, and finally escaped this afternoon."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keoni bows his head in shame.

"We attempted to track your brother, but were led astray. Betrayal and murder found us, and your brother eluded us, but not before taunting us and leaving us for dead. We have been battling our way out of his trap, and it sounds as if he has been busy in our absence. Your brother is a dark man, m'lady."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Open hearing the news of the harbormaster, Col ticks off some numbers on his hands, ignoring the rest's comments about their missing days. "Err... no, not the Feast of All Consumption. Age o' Worms be put to rest.... 'Avn't seen the 'Fires Below,' so it no be the Cataclysm of the Nine..." After enumerating a few more occult sounding nonsence, the old man announces loudly to the room. "I am most sure that Islarn's death do be no occult significance."

Voadam

Legend
"The good news is we found your brother and some of the things he's been up to. The bad news is what he's been up to. Pirate partners, betrayals, murder, and cursed deaths, though the source of that curse is not yet known to us yet. As Anar said, he got the drop on us and left us in a death trap. The good news is we escaped, Vanthus doesn't know it yet, and" Kalen again performs a flash and twinkle and appears as Penkus dressed in sharp Sasserine nautical clothing "we met one of his late partners. We will take this up again, but first" The disguise falls from the bedraggled and weary elf "I am in need of a serious bath, a good glass of wine, and while we are at it some steamed mushrooms would not be amiss either."

Malvoisin

First Post
Lavina takes in all the comments, seeming to grow sadder as she listens. At last, she takes a deep breath, then says softly, "Capture him alive if you can...but if he makes that impossible, I understand. I ask only that his death be merciful and quick." As tears begin to form at the edges of her eyes, Lavinia adds, "Kora will see to food, drink and baths for you. Excuse me!" Crying, Lavinia rushes from the room.

[OOC: Respond as you like to the above, but now we will need to establish a game plan for the night or following day. It's safe to assume Lavinia has some minor healing and restorative items in the house, so everyone can start the next day at full strength. Obviously, introducing Eyvi will be important, and so will distributing the treasure from underneath Parrot Island. Beyond that, you may want to Gather Information on the streets, check out the Taxidermists' Guildhall, check in with affiliations, etc. I'll leave things in your capable hands. :) ]

stonegod

The old man snorts at the Lady's abrupt exit, obviously possessing little in the way of sensitivity. Or tact. "Hmph. Good thing she got others t'do 'er dirties, w'all that blubber'n." He continues to gnaw on some of the late night food.

OOC: I'll think of Col's plan's later tonight; It'll take a while to 'Colize' them

Voadam

Legend
"Vanthus seems to have backstabbed everyone who worked with him, killing off his trail. Do we see any clues besides Penkus' notes to lead to his whereabouts? Taking Penkus' form may flush some more information, but its a chancy roll of the dice to stake our plan on."

Rhun

First Post
Anar rubs his cheek, unhappy with the two days growth of beard that had gotten a start while the group was stuck in the smuggler's tunnels. "Well, I hate to be the one to bring it up, but could this note and the clues to Vanthus' location be yet another trap?"

stonegod

Col spits out a bit of bone. "Unlikely. Me no be see'n Vanthus muck'n around, and he'd be in the danger o'th'zombie as well." He looks at Kalen a moment. "I do think be'n Penkus be best once we know more 'bout these Lotus and where they be, na before. Penkus would be a know'n about them, so pretend'n t'be 'im before we do be at th' place not as workable. Looks like some ya folks will need t'be doin' some ask'n first."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads