• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Voadam

Legend
As they head off to the baths Kalen says wistfully "Its too bad the old Jarl is a poor loser. A few of his frost giant bravos would not be amiss when we burst in on Vanthus. Oh well. At least he taught me some useful phantom magic after I won the Queen's game of Hearts. We'll make do I'm sure." He then goes on to relate a fanciful tale of the quirks of the Frost Giant jarl he met at the Fey Court.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Col dismisses the need for a bath. Anar and Kalen were far to focused on their cleanliness and not enough on getting things done.

Instead, the old man focused on encrypting his notes about what was found below the island, caressing his new gem, and making a copy of the notes for the Seeker. It then dawned on him to ask them if they be having any maps of the Taxidermists. Or perhaps they might have something in the City records. Something to be looking into.

Malvoisin

First Post
covaithe said:
Eyvi walks into The Skinned Man in the Shadowshore district and approaches the bartender. "Ho, landlord. I heard one o' my old shipmates was in town and might have stopped in here, name of Col Tobinson. Older fellow, but good teeth. He mighta been with a few other folks. You seen anyone like that?"
ooc: Handwaving the skill check...

The barkeep, a homely man with lanky, dark hair wheezes, "Tobinson the Mad is it? Sure, I know'im. Him and 'is new friends made a show 'round here a few days ago. Askin' 'round for some noble. One o' them Vanderborens from down in the Merchant's District, I think."

Rhun

First Post
As they relax in the bath while their clothes are cleaned, Anar can only roll his eyes as Kalen's tale goes on and on. "Bah, enough with the Frost Giant Jarl, my friend. I want to hear more about those fey princesses." The rogue offers his friend a sly wink. "Including when your going to introduce me to them?"

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
As they relax in the bath while their clothes are cleaned, Anar can only roll his eyes as Kalen's tale goes on and on. "Bah, enough with the Frost Giant Jarl, my friend. I want to hear more about those fey princesses." The rogue offers his friend a sly wink. "Including when your going to introduce me to them?"
ooc: Don't let Lavinia hear you talk like that, Anar! You cad.

covaithe

Explorer
"Tobinson the Mad is it? Sure, I know'im. Him and 'is new friends made a show 'round here a few days ago. Askin' 'round for some noble. One o' them Vanderborens from down in the Merchant's District, I think."
"Aye, they do call him mad these days," Eyvi agrees. "You have any idea where he's staying? Or where he got off to, chasing this Wonderhosen fellow?"

Voadam

Legend
Rhun said:

Kalen smiles, "The next time the veils thin we'll make a go of it! Though you'll have to follow the rules for mortals, keep a key of iron on you at all times, not eat the food or accept any gifts while there, which will truly be a shame, or you'll risk your memory and a few years of your life serving as a page in the underhill court while a night passes here. But there are truly few sights to compare to Queen Titanias seven daughters."

The gray elf closes his eyes, it is hard to tell whether he is lost in reverie or enjoying the warm water after being chilled so long while drenched in the filthy tide catchings.

"In the morning when Chongo returns with his information we should probably move quickly and be ready with force for Vanthus. Hooded cloaks should be disguise enough for while we travel to his lair."

Rhun

First Post
"Ah yes," says Anar, shaking his head sadly. "Nothing like a hooded cloak to show one's grasp for style. 'Tis a pity, really. Go to all the trouble to look good, and I can't even show it off."

Malvoisin

First Post
covaithe said:
"Aye, they do call him mad these days," Eyvi agrees. "You have any idea where he's staying? Or where he got off to, chasing this Wonderhosen fellow?"
"It's VANderBORen, stranger. I don't know where Tobinson and his troupe's holed up, but like I just said, the VANderBORens are nobility here in Sasserine. You're in the wrong part of town. You want the Merchant's District."

ooc: Even though this barkeep may not know the directions to the Vanderboren Estate, it would be a relatively simple matter for Eyvi to find out its location by travelling to the Merchant's District and asking around. There's no reason to role-play it all out, covaithe, unless you want to. If you'd rather have Eyvi just show up on the estate's doorstep, that's fine by me.

Remove ads