• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Malvoisin

First Post
While the others partake of the late night repast, and discuss some possible plans of action, Keoni and Chongo stand in the corner, whispering softly to one another. After a few minutes of this, Keoni approaches the table with Chongo right on his heels.

"Friends, Chongo feels that he cannot wait until tomorrow to act. He wishes to go and speak to the taxidermist who is stuffing his...'spider pony' trophy. Tonight."

Chongo chimes in. "He seemed like nice fellow...but if not, Chongo knows how to make him talk. Keoni go with me...you stay and rest. We will find out where Vanthus is, if animal-stuffer knows."

Keoni adds, "I tried to talk him out of it, but there's no reasoning with the stubborn mule. I'm sure the two of us together won't fall to any harm."

The darkskinned tribesman glares at the young shaman for a moment, then grins. "Come, we must go. Now."

Rhun

First Post
Anar offers a nod and wave to his companions by way of farewell. "Watch your backs, my friends." The rogue turns back to the food before him, picking at the choicest morsels.

After a few moments, he continues the conversation with the remaining group. "You are certainly right, Col. I'm sure Vanthus wasn't wandering about those tunnels setting up another trap. He surely thinks that we met our makers beneath Parrot Island, and that gives us the advantage of surprise." Anar takes a sip of his wine before continuing. "The key, of course, is not to let him catch onto the fact that we are still alive while we try to track him down."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The old man glares at Keoni and Chongo as they turn to leave. "No good be com'n runn'n half-mast into t'tempest! Phaw!" The man does not seem happy to see his compatriots go.

Turning back to the others, he nods at Anvar's sentiment. "Yar. Best be lie'n low, be goin' out in disguise and not be hang'n 'round this har place. Mayhap take up at some other dive." The old man shrugs. "Best plan still be for ya all t'get what we can about these thar Lotus' in order to 'elp me `question' our good friend Penkus from beyond t'grave."

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
bael runs his hand through his blonde hair as he listens and thinks. "Be careful," he says to Chongo and Keoni. "We don't want to give away our knowledge of the Lotus to soon."

Keoni and Chongo leave and Bael now focusses on the discussion between Col and Anar. An involuntary shudder runs through as Col blithely mentions talking with the dead form of Penkus.

"Do we wait for Keoni and Chongo to return? They might find something. And what about the Lady, what would she know about the Lotus?"

ooc: Want to handle treasure distribution IC or OOC?

Rhun

First Post
Anar grins at Col. "Ha, I'm sure you are knowing about all the dives in the city. Still, what you say is right. We need to minimize our time here; we don't want to be seen coming or going, and it is always possible that the servants here are on Vanthus' payroll."

Glancing at Bael, the rogue shrugs. "I'm not sure the lady Lavinia is in any state of mind to be questioned right now. After all, she just discovered that her brother is a murderour, cold-hearted bastard. We'd best be giving her a bit of time."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rhun said:
Glancing at Bael, the rogue shrugs. "I'm not sure the lady Lavinia is in any state of mind to be questioned right now. After all, she just discovered that her brother is a murderous, cold-hearted bastard. We'd best be giving her a bit of time."
Col waves his hand dismissively. "She be know'n. Family always be know'n, they just donna want t'be beliv'n it be true."

Col thinks of a few places they could hold up and suggests ones that would put them far from here.

covaithe

Explorer
Eyvi walks into The Skinned Man in the Shadowshore district and approaches the bartender. "Ho, landlord. I heard one o' my old shipmates was in town and might have stopped in here, name of Col Tobinson. Older fellow, but good teeth. He mighta been with a few other folks. You seen anyone like that?"

ooc: Gather information at -1

Voadam

Legend
stonegod said:
Col thinks of a few places they could hold up and suggests ones that would put them far from here.

"But first, I am not going to pass up the opportunity for a bath after our extended stay in the water tunnels."

Rhun

First Post
Anar nods at Kalen's words. "Your words are wise, Sir Elf." The rogue gestures with both hands to indicate his own muck and blood covered appearance. "A bath and a laundry are certainly in order."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads