• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Legildur

First Post
Voadam said:
"In the morning when Chongo returns with his information we should probably move quickly and be ready with force for Vanthus. Hooded cloaks should be disguise enough for while we travel to his lair."
Bael nods in agreement to his 'cousin's' suggestion. "What about Col's suggestion of 'speaking' with Penkus?"

Rhun

First Post
"That's not a bad idea, either," says Anar. "If we can learn something of use from the corpse, it could go a long way in helping us to get the drop on Vanthus and these Lotus folks."

covaithe

Explorer
Malvoisin said:
"It's VANderBORen, stranger. I don't know where Tobinson and his troupe's holed up, but like I just said, the VANderBORens are nobility here in Sasserine. You're in the wrong part of town. You want the Merchant's District."

"Sure, sure, Vanderboren, no need to twist yer sheets. And he may be a noble, but Col was lookin' fer him in this dump, wasn't he? Col may be a bit odd, but he's no fool. Still, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask in the Merchant's district. Man like Col, he'll be stickin' out a bit more there than he would here."

Eyvi makes his way to the Merchant's District, and, asking around, finds the Vanderboren Estate easily enough, and speaks to the first guard or servant he finds. "'Scuse me, friend. I'm lookin' fer an old shipmate of mine, a man named Col Tobinson. I heard he's had some dealings recently with the Vanderborens and I was wonderin' if ye knew where he might be found?"

Malvoisin

First Post
covaithe said:
Eyvi makes his way to the Merchant's District, and, asking around, finds the Vanderboren Estate easily enough...
Eyvi's knock on the estate's door is answered by a matronly halfling woman who apprises the large northman with a keen, appraising stare. "Well? Who are you, and what's your business, knocking on the door at this hour? Speak up, it's late and I'm tired."

covaithe said:
"'Scuse me, friend. I'm lookin' fer an old shipmate of mine, a man named Col Tobinson. I heard he's had some dealings recently with the Vanderborens and I was wonderin' if ye knew where he might be found?"
"It may be so. Wait here a moment." Kora shuts the door in Eyvi's face. She finds Col alone in the dining room, mulling over parchments and muttering to himself, while the others are enjoying their baths. "Master Tobinson, someone is at the door, asking for you. Large fellow, burly...not from around here with that fair complexion and blue eyes. Shall I let him in, or send him away?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
"It may be so. Wait here a moment." Kora shuts the door in Eyvi's face. She finds Col alone in the dining room, mulling over parchments and muttering to himself, while the others are enjoying their baths. "Master Tobinson, someone is at the door, asking for you. Large fellow, burly...not from around here with that fair complexion and blue eyes. Shall I let him in, or send him away?"
The old man quickly covers up his notes, and gives a squint eye to Kora. "Blimey, lass! I could'a been work'n on contain'n a fiend in har, and ya bust in like tha'! Best you be careful!" He then registers what she was saying. "Big guy? Who in the Hells... wait, I think I be know'n this brute. Best be lett'n 'im in, but be watch'n the valuables and the womenfolk. He's got th'pillag'n blood, Evyi the Cold Eye does."

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
The old man quickly covers up his notes, and gives a squint eye to Kora. "Blimey, lass! I could'a been work'n on contain'n a fiend in har, and ya bust in like tha'! Best you be careful!" He then registers what she was saying. "Big guy? Who in the Hells... wait, I think I be know'n this brute. Best be lett'n 'im in, but be watch'n the valuables and the womenfolk. He's got th'pillag'n blood, Evyi the Cold Eye does."
Kora rolls her eyes at Col's antics. Without bothering to answer him, she returns to the front door, and opens it wide. Ushering Eyvi inside, the halfling woman says, "Come in, then. I don't know why you'd want to see him, but he's here. Follow me to the dining room." Kora shows Eyvi in, and the northman lays eyes on Mad Col, somewhat different than the Col he knew before...

Rhun

First Post
Anar continues to luxuriate in his hot bath, though he makes sure to scrub all sign of dirt and muck from his body and hair. He even takes the extra effort to clean his nails. "One must look his best to capture the heart of fair maid," he says with a grin, winking at his companions. "Back to the subject at hand, though: I say in the morning we do a little poking around, and see what information we can turn up on the Taxidermist's Guildhall and these Lotus types. Someone has to have some information, and with a few coins and a little charm, we might even convince them to part with it!"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
Kora shows Eyvi in, and the northman lays eyes on Mad Col, somewhat different than the Col he knew before...
Col's notes have been gathered at this point, and instead he is sitting akimbo at the table, across from the entrance. When Eyvi enters, the old man glares a the young warrior.

"What this be 'bout then, Cold One? I be doin' important work 'ere, too important to be bothered with that like of ya."
His eyes narrow. "Unless you be know'n more about the Six Signs of the Elder Scourge. I be hear'n yer folk be hav'n ties there."

covaithe

Explorer
Col said:
"What this be 'bout then, Cold One? I be doin' important work 'ere, too important to be bothered with that like of ya." His eyes narrow. "Unless you be know'n more about the Six Signs of the Elder Scourge. I be hear'n yer folk be hav'n ties there."
Eyvi quickly makes a sign of warding against evil. "Is that any way to greet an old shipmate, Col Tobinson, with yer talk of scourgin' and evil signs and such? Yer like to put a curse on someone." Eyvi pulls up a nearby chair and sits in it, leaning towards Col and speaking in a loud whisper. "I never expected to find you here, Col. Word around the docks was that one day you was askin' a lot of questions about this Vanderboren, and then the next day you were gone. What could I do? I set out to find you. So why are you here? You bein' held by these Vanderboren thugs?" Eyvi jerks his thumb towards the door, and flexes his shoulders menacingly. "You need help bustin' outta here?" he says eagerly.

Legildur

First Post
Anar said:
"Back to the subject at hand, though: I say in the morning we do a little poking around, and see what information we can turn up on the Taxidermist's Guildhall and these Lotus types. Someone has to have some information, and with a few coins and a little charm, we might even convince them to part with it!"
"Let's wait until Chongo and Keoni return from their investigations in the morning," Bael suggests. "Maybe they'll uncover something without us all having to repeat the exercise and risk exposing ourselves."

"We also need to line up a cleric to do the dirty work with Penkus,"
Bael adds as he too meticulously cleans his nails. "That suggestion of Col's was a sound one."

"Once we have those two things done, then I reckon we might have something to work with."

"My only concern is that it will take too long and Vanthus would have moved on."

"Now, have we got any way of getting a map and floorplan of this place the Lotus are hiding out? Maybe Lady Lavinia has a suggestion."

Remove ads