• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Man, I freakin' love these new Dungeon Tiles

Felon

First Post
Haven't seen anyone else raving yet, but man this is my favorite product in a long time. The tiles not only look great, but they look built to last. Nice and thick! They come bound in a paper binder, which on the inside provides three sample dungeons made from the set (just to give a DM some ideas). And best of all, the price is right. Nine bucks for a nice, sturdy, physical product.

To WotC: more please!

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Felon said:
Haven't seen anyone else raving yet, but man this is my favorit product in a long time. The tiles not only look great, but they look built to last. Nice and thick! They come bound in a paper binder, which on the inside it provides three example dungeons that can be made (just to give a DM some ideas). And best of all, the price is right. Nine bucks for a nice, sturdy physical product.

Yeah I picked these up on Friday. They are pretty nice, thick and just the right price. I'm gonna pick up at least two more packs of these.

Good going WOTC.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Felon said:
Haven't seen anyone else raving yet, but man this is my favorit product in a long time. The tiles not only look great, but they look built to last. Nice and thick! They come bound in a paper binder, which on the inside it provides three example dungeons that can be made (just to give a DM some ideas). And best of all, the price is right. Nine bucks for a nice, sturdy physical product.

There are three further sets announced so far. :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the dungeon tiles for real.

Cheers!

Valicor

First Post
I jus tgot a set of them Yesterday, we used them for the first time tonight, they where good. At first I was skeptical about them because u couldn't see all the different pieces but once we used it we were all pleased with it. Not enough tiles for what we need though, so I will be buying atleast one more pack of them.

I recomend pickign this one up.

Agamon

Adventurer
Hmmm. I use Tact-Tiles. Would these things work well in conjunction? I can certainly see getting use out of the prop peices, but the tiles, I'm not so sure. It says they're laminated. Can you draw on them with either wet-erase or dry-erase markers?

Blustar

First Post
Did they come with random dungeon rules? Am I to assume that these suckers are out already? Wher can I get these Dmless random dungeon rules I keep hearing about. (for instance, James Wyatt's site) Or are these just the dungeon delve rules using the the system from THe Miniatures Handbook?

Blue

Treebore

First Post
I like the item cards I picked up at GenCon too. I don't think they are in general release, and they are Paizo, not WOTC.

I've kind of been getting these card stocks for a while now through PAizo's GameMastery adventure lines that includes "real" miniatures, ie metal instead of plastic.

So I am definitely going to buy 3 or 4 of each WOTC card stock dungeon packs, and a few of the PAIZO item cards. Especially since they provide a space on the back of each card for you to say if it is special in any way.
I'm not collecting!

The cards should be available soon. If not already.

Felon

First Post
Agamon said:
Hmmm. I use Tact-Tiles. Would these things work well in conjunction? I can certainly see getting use out of the prop peices, but the tiles, I'm not so sure. It says they're laminated. Can you draw on them with either wet-erase or dry-erase markers?

I haven't tried, but I don't imagine markers would show up very well on these tiles. That's not what they're designed for. If you've got a pit, fountain, glyph, or pile of debris in the middle of the room, you don't draw it. You lay down the appropriate tile (on top of a larger room tile). Some of the tiles are dark on one side, allowing you to make a big room to be whittled down to custom dimensions.

Felon

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
How do these compare, pricewise to the PDF tile sets out there nowadays?

I've no idea what you get from a PDF, but nine bucks for the kind of thick, sturdy card stock that I doubt most of our printers' rollers can handle seems like a great deal to me.

You can't build a mega-dungeon out of one pack. You can do at least a couple of rooms at a time though, breaking them down as you clean them out and move on.

Remove ads