• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Man, I freakin' love these new Dungeon Tiles

Shadowslayer

Explorer
I'll throw my hat into the ring as a believer. Picked up a set today and they're pretty neat.

They appear to be made of the same stock as the Basic Box tiles, with some kind of coating on them that gives them a texture like on the bottom of a Monopoly board.,,,except on both sides. (Got a whiff of that plastic coat...smells like a fresh box of minis) The stock is a little sturdier than the DDM tiles.

I'd be willing to bet you can use wet erase on them. I'll experiment later.

I like em'

Mercule

Adventurer
Hmm... I've got the Basic Box at home somewhere. I'll have to pull it out and look at those tiles better.

To be honest, I didn't even realize it had tiles in it. I got it free from a guy who couldn't sell it in his store and have not really looked at it.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Felon said:
And that's really the bottom line: you like how you're spending that time.
This seems to be the core of the issue. Some folks find craftiness fun, and others don't, and the vast majority find certain aspects of it fun. There's no high ground to be had, I think; whatever works for you works for you :).

Daniel

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Mercule said:
Hmm... I've got the Basic Box at home somewhere. I'll have to pull it out and look at those tiles better.

To be honest, I didn't even realize it had tiles in it. I got it free from a guy who couldn't sell it in his store and have not really looked at it.

Depends which one you got. The first Box came with counters and a poster map. The second had real minis and 4 big double sided tiles.

Frankly, a while back I made my own dungeon tiles. Printed them, put them on thick poster board, trimmed them neat, and had them laminated. I enjoyed the crafty aspect of it and the tiles turned out great.

Having said that, I probably wouldn't do it again. Not when I can drop 10 bucks and get a set like these that are just as nice, if not nicer, than the ones I made.

Last edited:

Remove ads