• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Man, I freakin' love these new Dungeon Tiles

Felon

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
Hmmm, there are so very many better options out there, both free and published as PDFs that I really cannot understand buying these at this cost. I can get a lot more pages out of my printer for $9, and if I want it on cardboard there is always glue (I often go with foamcore board myself... even adding that in the PDFs are still cheaper.)

Pants said:
Um, less work maybe?

Once again, it is interesting to note how folks can consider nine dollars (less than the cost of a pizza) to be an unacceptable cost, while disregarding the value of their own time and effort.

Ah well, maybe when I'm retired I'll feel the same way...

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Felon said:
Once again, it is interesting to note how folks can consider nine dollars (less than the cost of a pizza) to be an unacceptable cost, while disregarding the value of their own time and effort.

Pizzas must be expensive your way.

The Dungeon Tiles retail for aus$15. I buy large pizzas here for aus$6.

Cheers!

mearls

Hero
As Merric mentioned, there are already two other sets of tiles in the pipeline. We hope that this turns into a sort of product that DMs like to spend $10 or $20 on every three or four months.

As for PDF products, they're good for kitbashing and for the breadth of options they offer. Really, I think the PDF stuff out there, like Worldworks' sets, and the Dungeon Tiles work very well together. There's no reason you can't use both!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Felon said:

Or maybe, just maybe, we don't think that letting the printer chug away for a few minutes while we read a book to be all that much 'time and effort'. (Or much at all really... my printer is chugging away right now, and I am paying little to no attention to it. Maybe your's needs your personal attention? :confused: )

The Auld Grump

Conaill

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
The WotC Dungoen Tiles are amazing. Huge, sturdy (you can hit folks with 'em) and laminated in some special coat that keeps minis from sliding off, prevents the tiles from sliding across the game table unwanted [...] Each room will have candles, checkboards, flagons, dartboards, books, weapons and about 40 other things for the detailed player to drool over (and my player's drooled, I have a whole cup of the stuff).
Speaking of special coatings, and drooling players :p... how spill proof do you reckon these tiles are?

Pants

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
Or maybe, just maybe, we don't think that letting the printer chug away for a few minutes while we read a book to be all that much 'time and effort'. (Or much at all really... my printer is chugging away right now, and I am paying little to no attention to it. Maybe your's needs your personal attention? :confused: )

The Auld Grump
I was referring more to the 'printing, cutting, then glueing it to cardboard' angle myself.

Felon

First Post
MerricB said:
Pizzas must be expensive your way. The Dungeon Tiles retail for aus$15. I buy large pizzas here for aus$6.!

Pretty nice. Nine bucks won't get you anything bigger than a medium in any part of the U.S. I live in (if that).

TheAuldGrump said:

Do you have some automated device that cuts the individual tiles out? :confused:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Pants said:
I was referring more to the 'printing, cutting, then glueing it to cardboard' angle myself.

That just seems to be the point that this cat is missing. I've done the printing (not that big of an issue for me), cutting (pain in the butt) and glueing (another pain) thing myself. But I'd just as soon as not though. If these things dont appeal to you that's one thing but how can anyone not understand wanting ease of use?

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Conaill said:
Speaking of special coatings, and drooling players :p... how spill proof do you reckon these tiles are?

VERY. We have a player named 'Scott' who has spilled a minimum of one beverage at every game he's attended since 1984. When someone spills anything, it's "pulling a Scott".

My wife already dubbed these new WotC tiles "Scott-proof", so that's good. :)

-DM Jeff

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Tsillanabor said:
This is one of the products I really wish someone around here would stock...darn lack of game shops...

There are some great online stores..

(coughcoughseesigcoughcough)

I haven't played around with the Dungeon Tiles set yet, but they look pretty cool.

Remove ads