Man on the Run IC Thread

Andor

First Post
Aaron looks suspiciously at the mysterious woman currently pawing through the pockets of corpses. "I thought you said you didn't know them. So what makes you think there are more? And this was not random, muggers would not fight to the death. We have just saved your life, I think you owe us some answers."

Animus

Explorer
Shadow:
[sblock]
The thugs each have a shortsword, lt. xbow, 20 bolts, and 50 dragons.

I forgot. Eberron coinage is as follows:

1 cp = Crown
1 sp = Sovereign
1 gp = Galifar
1 pp = Dragon

Same currency ratio of 10:1

You notice that their fashion is a bit odd. With an Int check of 15 (take 10 + 3 (Int bonus) + 2 (circumstance)), you recall something about Dreaming Dark servants not being keen on fashion.
[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Box Text
"What's goin' on 'ere?" You hear someone ask. You turn to see two men and a dwarf at the doors to the tavern. They wear the garb of the Stormreach city watch.

The dwarf continues. "Somebody better have a good reason for dis or dere is goin' ta be Khyber to pay, dat's fer sure."

Bront

The man with the probe
Shadow casualy searches the bodies, and grimaces at one point.

[sblock=Animus]Slight of Hand +5 to slip the coin into her cloak. Not trying to hide it from those she who helped her as much as simply be discrete. Hopefully she could do it before the watch showed up[/sblock]

Shadow looks up at the watch and smiles, "Oh, thank the host you're here. These men here tried to accost me, and I'm thinkin' they didn't have dinner on their minds. But these men right here stood up for my virtue. I think ya oughta lock up these dirthy thugs right here and thow away the keys."

OOC: Bluff +7

Animus

Explorer
Bluff vs. Sense Motive (1d20+7=26, 1d20+1=9)

"Hm," the dwarf says. He examines the thugs. "dis one's still alive. We'll take 'im back to de station an' question 'im. You are lucky dat deese fine men helped ya out. But still be carful. Stomrreach is dangerous."

At this point the shifter tavern owner chimes in. "What about my tavern? What about the damage? Sombody has to pay for it!"

"Don't worry. Dis guy will right 'ere," the dwarf says, pull on the collar on the surviving thug. "He'll be workin' off dis debt fer years. Come on boys, let's go!" And they turn to leave, but not before one of the humans "examines" Shadow with his eyes, and smiles at her.

Bront

The man with the probe
Once the watch leaves, Shadow walks over to the inkeeper, put hands him 10 dragons. "That should cover ya hon. And we were never here, ok?"

OOC: Diplomacy +3

She turns back to the others, "Now, any of y'all have a safe place ta go? We need ta be movin', and right quickly 'bout it."

sukael

First Post
Adrian enters the room hurredly, glancing around as if to accost someone. There's no active combatants... but that's a fair amount of blood spattered across the room.

For a few moments, his obviously dragonmarked face is filled with confused concern.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry--I apparently missed the post in the OOC thread. :([/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Shadow sighs and puts 5 more dragons on the bar. "There, ya can prolly sell those crossbows for more if ya wish, but a gal's gotta eat to ya know. I realy am sorry I can't do more."

She walks away and heads towards the door, mumbling something under her breath. She turns back to the others, "Y'all comin?"

ByteRynn

First Post
Hoborne walks across the room, stepping in front of Shadow, and opens the door out into the street. Assuming it is clear, he steps out into the street and motions Shadow to come behind.

OOC: [sblock] Notice +10, low-light vision [/sblock]

Remove ads