Mando season 3

Argyle King

Legend
Mando is not tightly written. Let's take one example: the giant Kaiju that rears up out of nowhere. It looks so cool! But...has this been foreshadowed in a significant way? Is there any logical reason why it should be just there, exactly where they need to get, after hours/days of travel? Is there a reason why it suddenly attacks? If it is that randomly aggressive, why has it not been a problem for the Imperials who built a base in the same spot, which they currently occupy? Will there be any significant consequences to the encounter?

Here's another example: Christopher Lloyd's villain has a literal giant red button that, if pushed, instantly turns all the former Imperial droids back into killer battledroids. It makes for a (supposedly tense, actually laughable) moment where he threatens to push it. So...has no one commented on that giant red button before? Why would he have it on his work station? What was that conversation with the tech team like? How has he never bumped it by accident? How has no one ever asked about it? Is he like, "that's my order coffee button!"?

It's the stupidest thing in the world. I just kind of assumed that we had descended into actual parody, since that entire subplot was irrelevant to the wider plot anyhow, so maybe the writers figured, "What the hell - just give him a giant red button."

I would agree that's true of season 3. The writing style and themes of the show clearly changed.

Though, I do think the red button was explained. It was an emergency kill switch (or so he claimed) for all droids. He didn't touch it because the people of the city were lazy and so dependent upon govt programs that they (the people) wouldn't be able to live without the droids.

I can't comment on Andor because I have zero interest in watching the show. I'm in the minority of people who feels that Rogue One wasn't very good.

343070193_610756227600497_6214617235225714321_n.jpg

Remove ads