Mando season 3

Clint_L

Hero
I can't comment on Andor because I have zero interest in watching the show. I'm in the minority of people who feels that Rogue One wasn't very good.
I like Rogue One, but Andor is much, much better.

Yeah, I am talking primarily of Mando Season 3 here. I mean, it had those tendencies previously, but they have really embraced the camp this season.

My wife is asking that I sit next to you when I watch movies and TV from now on, @Clint_L, so she doesn't have to hear the "as a writer ..." discourse from me.

My spouse watches a lot of these shows to humour me, but liked this season of Mandolorian more because it kept cracking her up. She thought mech suit Grogu was hilariously adorable.

But I don't talk during the show, unless it is something so ridiculous that one or the other of us has to comment - and at that point we're not immersed in it, anyway. In general, I hate it when people talk during shows. Or have their phones out in the theatre - that drives me nuts. So rude. Rubs every Canadian bone in my bod the wrong way.

343053091_703211351805709_1861043981491953725_n.jpg

I can't comment on Andor because I have zero interest in watching the show. I'm in the minority of people who feels that Rogue One wasn't very good.
I felt the exact same way, and only watched Andor out of extreme boredom and inability to decide what to watch. I genuinely disliked Rogue One, because it's such a mess.

But let me say, Andor is amazing. Despite having the same male lead, it's not the same deal as Rogue One at all. Rogue One was a film directed and written by a pair of, well, hacks - Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta. Neither of whom has ever written or directed a good movie (no idea how they keep getting work). Tony Gilroy, who has had a much better career (including writing and directing Michael Clayton) but is somehow less famous, was brought in as a script-doctor and re-shoots director, and spent several weeks doing re-shoots to try and fix the utter mess that Edwards and Whitta had made. The fix wasn't entirely successful, but clearly the reception generally showed that Gilroy was able to improve it enough to stop it being actually so dire it was generally hated.

Anyway, Andor is 100% Gilroy. He's the showrunner and he wrote about half the scripts, and more importantly, Edwards and Whitta weren't allowed anywhere near it.

So it's a completely different beast. It is slow-paced, thoughtful, and doesn't feature Jedi, so if those are turn-offs, it won't work for you, but as someone who really didn't like Rogue One, I'd say Andor was the best Star Wars stuff I've ever seen, frankly.

Zardnaar

Legend
I felt the exact same way, and only watched Andor out of extreme boredom and inability to decide what to watch. I genuinely disliked Rogue One, because it's such a mess.

But let me say, Andor is amazing. Despite having the same male lead, it's not the same deal as Rogue One at all. Rogue One was a film directed and written by a pair of, well, hacks - Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta. Neither of whom has ever written or directed a good movie (no idea how they keep getting work). Tony Gilroy, who has had a much better career (including writing and directing Michael Clayton) but is somehow less famous, was brought in as a script-doctor and re-shoots director, and spent several weeks doing re-shoots to try and fix the utter mess that Edwards and Whitta had made. The fix wasn't entirely successful, but clearly the reception generally showed that Gilroy was able to improve it enough to stop it being actually so dire it was generally hated.

Anyway, Andor is 100% Gilroy. He's the showrunner and he wrote about half the scripts, and more importantly, Edwards and Whitta weren't allowed anywhere near it.

So it's a completely different beast. It is slow-paced, thoughtful, and doesn't feature Jedi, so if those are turn-offs, it won't work for you, but as someone who really didn't like Rogue One, I'd say Andor was the best Star Wars stuff I've ever seen, frankly.

I liked Rogue One Andor is very good. ST and BoBF kinda sucked but overall Disney isntdp8ng to bad as Rebels was also great IMHO.

And pumped for Ahsoka.

Remove ads