• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Manyshot Question

Yokiboy

First Post
The Manyshot feat's description starts of like so "As a standard action, you may fire two arrows at a single opponent within 30 feet. Both arrows use the same attack roll (with a –4 penalty) to determine success and deal damage normally".

As it refers to a standard action, can it be used with a full round action? As you have only one standard action per turn, it would seem as this feat would limit you at higher levels, as it would not let you use multiple attacks.

Does anyone know the ruling on this?

TTFN,

Yokiboy

At higher levels, you are not more limited, since you can add another arrow to the manyshot for each iterative attack you usually get.

Since Manyshot is a standard action, you may also move during your turn.

I am not sure when you are hasted (3.5) if you can take two manyshots in a single turn.

I am not sure what happens if you try to combine Rapid Shot and Manyshot.

AR

Yokiboy

First Post
Altamont Ravenard said:
At higher levels, you are not more limited, since you can add another arrow to the manyshot for each iterative attack you usually get.
First of all, thanks for the mega-quick reply AR! :)

Secondly, I buy that explanation to a degree, but you do get a hefty penalty as well. Two arrows -4, three arrows -6, and four arrows -8 to hit penalty. That's rather steep considering that the step between normal multiple attacks is -5.

A 20th level ranger with Dex 18 and four attacks could attack at +24, +19, +14, and +9 or use Manyshot to fire four arrows all at one roll of +16.

Altamont Ravenard said:
Since Manyshot is a standard action, you may also move during your turn.
This is a defenite plus, and as I see it the only one!

Altamont Ravenard said:
I am not sure when you are hasted (3.5) if you can take two manyshots in a single turn.
No, 3.5 Haste only allows extra attacks when performing Full Round Actions.

Altamont Ravenard said:
I am not sure what happens if you try to combine Rapid Shot and Manyshot.
Doesn't work either, as Rapid Shot requires a Full Round Action.

Last edited:

Seule

Explorer
The primary use for it that I've seen (and there is an archer with it in the game I run) is for use in surprise rounds, and if you have to move to have a clear line of fire. Basically, whenever you are only getting a single attack ayway, you might as well make it a Manyshot.

--Seule

Remove ads