• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map Resources

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Anyone have any excellent map resources?

A good map is all I need to run an adventure, more often than not. A well-done map brings enough ideas with it that you don't need detailed stats half the time as long as you have a monster manual nearby.

Because of this, I've been sharing my maps in the Art forum here:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=133677

I'm wondering if anyone has any other map suggestions? I occasionally go through my Dungeon back-issues for the maps of mystery, and I've used a lot of other maps from Dungeon in other campaigns with no tie-in to the original adventure they were published with. I've also used some other maps posted to the art forum.

HellHound

The problem with random maps is they are VERY rarely evocative enough to give you ideas of what to run in said map.

That's why I love digging up cool D&D dungeon maps. The good ones are cool enough that you can fake an adventure just by looking at the map.

ElvishBard

First Post
Go to Enworld Download, then go under general resources. Get the map of the week archive, it has 100 maps and they are all really good.

HellHound

Yep, I've got a bunch of Phineous' maps, and used a couple in games to date. (His second map-a-week thread I've even posted to!) There was also another thread with someone asking if people like hand-drawn maps better than computer-drawn, and he included some BRILLIANT maps, one of a fungus cavern that was the base of operations for our party for three game sessions.

Remove ads