• Oct0086 (2).JPG
    Oct0086 (2).JPG
    165 KB · Views: 153
  • Oct0087 (2).JPG
    Oct0087 (2).JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 148

MarauderX

Explorer
Abandoned tavern of The Crossed Swords with boarded up windows and riverside deck. For my use, there was a body for the party to discover on the second floor and a nasty troll sleeping in the basement that attacked through the floor of the kitchen. Perhaps the trapdoor leads down to the river, perhaps to an underground network of tunnels...

And lastly a pic of our mischevious feline who curses my dice. Fffrrrtt! Take those 1's with you!

Attachments

• Oct0088 (2).JPG
    Oct0088 (2).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Oct0089 (2).JPG
    Oct0089 (2).JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Oct0090 (2).JPG
    Oct0090 (2).JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Oct0091 (2).JPG
    Oct0091 (2).JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Oct0092 (2).JPG
    Oct0092 (2).JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 138

MarauderX

Explorer
Ship outline used as a ghost ship. 5' grid overlay worked well for me, and I can imagine this would work well as a 'typical' ship.

Also used in my campaign was this image of the Village of Mestar where the PCs pulled up their river boat to the dock for supplies. They fought a group of barbarians there, and thought of perhaps bullrushing one of the PCs down the well. Perhaps next time.

Attachments

• Ship - Askar's Ghost Ship.JPG
    Ship - Askar's Ghost Ship.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Village - Mestar.JPG
    Village - Mestar.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 224

cmanos

First Post
MarauderX said:
First is the bottom level of the Tower of Chautauqua

Tower of Chautauqua? Wouldn't be on a lake of the same name, right next to the Park of Palestine and the Athenaum, now, would it??

MarauderX

Explorer
cmanos said:
Tower of Chautauqua? Wouldn't be on a lake of the same name, right next to the Park of Palestine and the Athenaum, now, would it??

Why, yes, it would be. I always thought the lake could use a tower, perhaps in the middle of the Institute.

Being from the region and living and having players in VA, the naming theme I had was not likely to be discovered by them. Now my cover is blown! I'll have to switch to another region, one with gorges, say, Ithaca?

On to more pics of my maps:
Ancient fountain with surrounding ruins.

Attachments

• Dec0100.JPG
    Dec0100.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Dec0096.JPG
    Dec0096.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Dec0089.JPG
    Dec0089.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

MarauderX

Explorer
City of Kargam layout, with minimal detail as to the different sections of the city.

Attachments

• Kargam 3.JPG
    Kargam 3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 204

Old One

First Post
MX,

Some of these look very familiar ;)! Hope the campaign is going well...keep John S. away from the sugar...and thanks for sharing with the rest of the class...

~ Old One

MarauderX

Explorer
This was to be a trap with a thick chain strung underwater across the river to catch only the deep draft of the ship they were on. The druid player saved the day though, and cast Raise Water to propel the ship over the chain and safely down the river, so the map was used for a whole 5 minutes.

Attachments

• River chain.JPG
    River chain.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 125

Remove ads