• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

March 2006 FR Release

Napftor

Explorer
EricNoah said:
My guess: Complete Psionic will be what Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, etc. are to the other core classes -- an expansion, not a compilation. I would expect to see new powers, feats, maybe a new core class, new PrCs, new equipment, maybe new monsters, etc.

In other words: ZZzzzzzzz....

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The Grumpy Celt said:
Maybe it's a guide to power plants of Faerun.
They left off the subtitle: "What Elminster has in his pockets at this moment."

POCKET LINT OF KOSSUTH! SCRAP OF PAPER WITH MYSTRA'S PHONE NUMBER! SINGLE PARTIALLY WRAPPED BUTTER RUM LIFESAVER!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Napftor said:
In other words: ZZzzzzzzz....

Oh, maybe not. I don't have any of the "complete" books myself, so I hear what you're saying, but psionics doesn't get the royal treatment often so this might be a really nice expansion for those of us who use psionics.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
EricNoah said:
My guess: Complete Psionic will be what Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, etc. are to the other core classes -- an expansion, not a compilation. I would expect to see new powers, feats, maybe a new core class, new PrCs, new equipment, maybe new monsters, etc.
Well, that'll be great for psionics-users. Hopefully they can slip in some more Eberron content at the same time.

Arnwyn

First Post
EricNoah said:
The Red Hand of Doom by James Jacobs and Rich Baker (not sure that this is an RPG product), Feb 2006
I'm guessing this is the next FR adventure (like the "Gruumsh" one that will be out later this year), especially considering who the authors are. (And, while I'm not sure, isn't the "Red Hand" the symbol of Ilneval, orc god of disease?)

I suspect that "Power of Faerun" will likely get a name change, as it sounds rather ridiculous. Or, it could simply have been shortened: (Real Ultimate) Power of Faerun, of course.

I'm curious about "Races of the Dragon" (what could that possibly be about?), and that Tome of Magic (though I'm skeptical how they're going to fill an entire hardcover with the titled concepts - unless it's just another schwack of feats, PrCs, spells, and magic items).

prodigyxss

First Post
Hmm..power of faerun. It sounds like a new updated monster book for FR or a updated or new faiths and pantheons type book. It doesnt really matter I guess...somehow I end up buying every single FR book, but It has been for the good most of the time *shakes fist at players guide*. WOTC has like a spell on me when it comes to FR.

About the other books though. Races of the Dragon sounds pretty cool, but how will that closely relate to Dracononomicon and other third party books about dragon races? It will probably end up being like troglodytes and kobolds.............ya.

Napftor

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Oh, maybe not. I don't have any of the "complete" books myself, so I hear what you're saying, but psionics doesn't get the royal treatment often so this might be a really nice expansion for those of us who use psionics.

That's true. I guess I should admit to my anti-psionic bias. ;)

JoeGKushner

First Post
EricNoah said:

I bet we'll see some of the ma terial that was in Dragon as a preview included in here, perhaps some of the best from the web site material, and some expanded goods.

I'm looking forward to it. Psionics are the step child of support in D&D and 3rd party support for them is practically nil outside of, yes, Bruce Cordel's Hyperconscious product.

MadMaxim

First Post
I expect the erudite base class from Dragon #319 will be one of the possible new base classes in Complete Psionic. After all, it's designed by Bruce Cordell himself. I agree with JoeGKushner that psionics could use some more support. I think they're a great addition to D&D and an excellent counterpart for magic. That and I'm running an Eberron campaign, so I may be biased toward psionics :)

Remove ads