• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

March 2006 FR Release

Lancelot

Adventurer
Thanks for the scoop. Very excited to hear about Complete Psionic - I run a psionics campaign, and have been hankering for some new material. I'd get a lot more use from this than the various "Races" books, or anything specific to Eberron / Realms.

Interesting news on Minis set #9 as well. "War Drums"... sounds somewhat mass-combat oriented, hopefully including more mounted figures. The Mounted Paladin from set #7 (Angelfire) is a fantastic figure, but I'd love to see some mounted Uncommons - enough to put together a small mass battles unit.

Mokona

First Post
Races of the Dragon is likely all about Kobolds and Lizardmen. Hopefully it will have a "new" race like Goliaths, Raptorans, and Illumians. And that race should be a useful, LA +0 humanoid (reptilian), and scaly PC option.

I'd like Complete Psionic (shouldn't that be Psion instead?) to include a chi-powered, mystic monk-like base class with a blend of monk abilities and appropriate psionic options. Akin to a Paladin, Ranger, or Bard class for Monks (like Paladin almost equals Fighter/Cleric, a Ranger blends Fighter/Druid, and a Bard is similar to a Rogue/Sorcerer).

Since the books are likely written already my hopes are just wishful thinking.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Lancelot said:
Interesting news on Minis set #9 as well. "War Drums"... sounds somewhat mass-combat oriented, hopefully including more mounted figures. The Mounted Paladin from set #7 (Angelfire) is a fantastic figure, but I'd love to see some mounted Uncommons - enough to put together a small mass battles unit.

Mounted uncommons would indeed be nice. Mounted archer, or light cavalry, for example, and then a Goblin Worgrider.

And what about an Aglarondan Griffonrider (which would be a rare, of course)? Or any arial mounted unit, for that matter.

Mokona said:
I'd like Complete Psionic (shouldn't that be Psion instead?)

We don't have complete wizard or priest, either.

to include a chi-powered, mystic monk-like base class with a blend of monk abilities and appropriate psionic options.

Chances for that aren't bad actually. The other complete books had one oriental class each, and a Mystic with powers of the mind would fit. I think we will see that, then maybe the erudite from dragon, and another class that uses psionics in a new way.

Klaus

First Post
I'm looking forward to Complete Psionic (judging by Arcane and Divine, this will offer not only new options for psions and their ilk, but also ways of adding psionic abilities to nonpsionic classes, akin to the Suel Archanamach or Enlightened Fist) and Races of the Dragon (I'm guessing it's all races that can trace their ancestry to dragons, so there's probably gonna be some sorcerer goodness in this) and Tome of Magic (Yay! Shadow Magic!).

Vampyrknight

First Post
Checking out the names on Amazon.com (as opposed to the Canadian version), I got hits on all of them...except Complete Psionic (which, by the way, is appropriate to the previous four books, as they didn't focus on one type of class, and psion is a psionic class.

D20 Future Tech, Races of the Dragon, and Complete Psionic are my choices of those. Anything and everything to expand upon psionics and make it the equal to magic, I'm all for. Dragons, well, the game isn't named Dungeons & Dragons for nothing! I just hope it maybe expands a bit on half-dragons and perhaps presents some information on draconic PC races (a new race would be cool, as well).

D20 Future Tech, while it sounds like an Arms & Equipment Guide for D20 Future, it does come in only at 96 pages. Still, maybe it'll showcase some new (and intriguing) ideas in it. It just better not try to fix the poorly designed starship and mecha construction rules. Each of those need completely new rules in and of themselves which'll take up 96 pages themselves.

Psion

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Is there that much psionic material outside of XPH? And if so, do they really want to cannibalize whatever psionic sales they were getting from the race and environment books by doing this?

The bigger question is "are the gleanings of race and environment books sufficient for Psionics fans?"

Nay, I say!

nobodez

Explorer
Well, usually I don't reply to these things, but, it looks like psionics won't be as big a red-headed step-child of magic, though, compared to all the stuff in all the other Races and Complete books, it's still very red, and very step (if that's the right analogy).

PGtE - This is on my list
RotD - Also on my list
d20FT - Third on my list
TRHoD! - not on my list (unless it's like a d20 modern adventure)
ToM - Maybe on my list, not sure until I get a bit more, as long as it's not as weird as Magic of Incarnum.
PoF - Another maybe, though if it's another psionics books, it may just go on my list for the frell of it.
CP - Oh frell yea, this is so on my list! Unlike a majority of my gaming friends, I love psionics, mainly because it's different from magic, but not too different. (my personal quest is to find a good third type of "magic" so that I can finally have my trilogy of The Art (arcane magic), The Gift (psionics), and The Faith (divine magic))

Remove ads