March A new character month?

James V

First Post
Well I've come across a few people who think its getting stale, we don't have any more factions left, they all seem to die out, so this is what I'm thinking about doing...Lets have a few new characters. Maybe a new faction, something to spice up the isrp :)

Hell maybe even something different that one may not play, a certain race, something odd, just something out of the ordinary..I've never played an elven character before, most of mine are different styles so perhaps I may try playing a different character for fun. So I'm thinking for March we can try having a few new characters, you may like playing villians, but you could always play a hero, or hell a lazy bum for all that matters. I was just thinking maybe it would be some fun if we all tried to get new characters. At the end of march we can vote on the characters we liked, and maybe give a lil reward for them.

By the way, heres the key thing to this idea, you can't tell anyone who your character your rping is, I find a lot of people stick together as friends, and don't like to let some of the newer players or some of the people who don't have much of a story line in. This way we start fresh with a nice greeting and maybe build up into a story line. It's just a thought, I'm sure it needs a lot of work and opinions are always welcome thats why I'm putting it up, so what'd you all think?

Slyen

First Post
The one problem I see with not telling anyone is that it makes it hard overall to manuver. Sure, I understand that branching out and not telling anyone who your playing inspires a bit of more "lets get to know the character rather than the player" but generally alot of roleplay that I know of comes from trusting the other player(s) that you are involved with. If you don't know someone, as a general rule people do not have the same sort of trust that they would for someone that did know. Not to mention that some people, I know myself to be one, can generally guess what character someone they play with freqently by their mannerisms, style of typing, ect.

At the same time this can put a crutch out for people trying to build factions as naturally you are going to ask the people you know first if they would like to create a character that is in the faction that you are creating, most probably after trying to sell the idea to them. Even so it would overall probably be better if the people inside the faction all knew who each other was to some extent for logistical purposes?

Over all I like the idea of new characters. Refreashing though some would not wish to create yet another character. Mainly for me I think I am going to jump the gun by doing my few things this month instead of next...

Itzquahpilli

First Post
I like the idea myself. I've been playing less and less lately, since there's very little going on. I don't think new characters alone is enough - from what I've observed, every month or two the site undergoes a character revolution, and only about 20% of old characters remain while the rest are swapped out for new chars. So the not telling anyone idea seems critical to the plan myself, as the normal method has clearly not done the job. That, combined with playing out-of -the-norm characters, should make things very interesting.
As to not telling other people who we play making it tough, well, remember that we were all new at some point. When I first came to the site, I didn't know a single other player, but I made friends easily enough. If people want to make clans, make new posting names and make suggestions here on the boards. Take a risk, go out on a limb, be ready to work with people you normally don't. This is to make things interesting. Let's step out of our well-defined comfort zones and make something happen!

Merle

First Post
Storylines

We <i>so</i> need the Redeemers back. They were great villains, thus:

* Powerful without being overpowered
* Followed an consistent set of beliefs
* Were utterly certain they were right
* Absolutely uncompromising in their actions

The place trembled in fear and disgust when Redeemer Lumin entered the CRT.

I miss them.

*sniff*

James V

First Post
Hey some suggestions

If you play a male, try a female

If you play a villian, try a good guy

You play a good guy try a villian

You play a Rajak...your screwed...

Lets see what happens now :) We get a nice little group together maybe from OOC trust...it may be interesting.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
New characters and new character types can definately spice things up.
But, voting for the best one? I don't think that's such a good idea. One - it puts the stress of competition into something that should just be fun. The challenge of playing a new character type will be enjoyable, *without* the stress of wondering "Is anyone who plans on voting watching? Do they like my character?"
Gah. We have enough cliques and popularity issues here and in RL without adding a vote for the best character to the mix.

Sounds like fun

We could start another baddie group, just for the heck of it...

We'd have to go FF on it, lol... since I'm ignorant to most D&D rules...

What about Lawful Evil aligned chara's? I've seen enough Good, Chaotic and Neutral to suit my tastes, even with my own chara.

How about it? Lawful Evil something?

Zeren

First Post
It's a great idea, but I do not believe it's practical or applicable. There will always be people willing to break the rules. Also, to get everyone to agree on this idea at all...that'd be quite a feat.

Remove ads