• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

March and Beyond

Klaus

First Post
Alas, the Black Hound was a paragon path chosen earlier in the book's development (since, as mentioned in the original article, I was drawn to any paragon path thematically tied to dogs!). However, it did not make the final book, and was swapped out with the Shadow Thief. Apologies for the confusion.
Aw, drat! :(

Black Hounds sound cool. If they don't bring it back then we should just rework the sucker so it is good and make them put it in Dragon. Crud, why complain the stuff we want isn't there?

Colmarr

First Post
Alas, the Black Hound was a paragon path chosen earlier in the book's development (since, as mentioned in the original article, I was drawn to any paragon path thematically tied to dogs!). However, it did not make the final book, and was swapped out with the Shadow Thief. Apologies for the confusion.

That sounds like a WotC staffer talking.

You know, we really should have a rule that you guys need to identify yourselves in the sig ;)

Neverfate

First Post
Someone who takes a live dog and turns them into a undead shadow creature is just outright evil. That line has been crossed.

Or, you know, just reflavor the mechanics however you want. Shadow Thief? Rainbow Thief!!! Shadow Hound? Sparkle Hound!!

There are no inherent properties to a game of pretend. WotC is just using a new angle to sell a book (because the thought of Martial Power 13 seems drab and unappealing to everyone).

Canor Morum

First Post
the second monster vault is actually a hardcover, not a boxed set. Apparently they are just shrink-wrapping the token sheets and poster maps with the book.

If this is the case Threats to the Nentir Vale is a definite buy for me. I was on the fence at first because of the expected small softcover format.

I would have picked up Heroes of Shadow either way but I'm really glad it is going to be a hardcover now.

Gloomwrought and Beyond is a buy as well. I can live with the box I guess.

Overall it looks like they finally have some books I'm excited about. I would have bought more Essentials if it weren't for the boxes, tokens, and small paperbacks. The ship has sailed on that one.

Jhaelen

First Post
I hate to disappoint you, but the second monster vault is actually a hardcover, not a boxed set. Apparently they are just shrink-wrapping the token sheets and poster maps with the book.
Oh, wow! Since it includes tokens I automatically assumed it was going to be a box. Everything's cool then - thanks for clearing this up :)

Remove ads