D&D General March Madness (D&D Classes) 2024 - Scores and Discussion

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
out of curiosity, is there any specific reason why the caster and martial quarter and semi-finals are split into separate polls? i could see the benefit to separating these first two polls due to the sheer number of options but after that it just seems like it'd bloat the time to complete the tourney?

also yay, all correct on the caster poll, i wonder if my luck will hold for the martial bracket...
Tradition, mostly: it's just the way the NCAA Tournament bracket works. There's always an Eastern Conference vs. Western Conference team in the finals, so there will always be a Martials vs. Casters team in this final. Otherwise we could end up with two casters in the final.

EDIT: Wait, I totally misunderstood your question, @CreamCloud0 . Let me try again...

If I put the two quarter-finals together (4 casters vs 4 martials), it would be possible for people to work the voting around having to vote for any Martial or Casters. "I get 4 votes, so I'm going to put them all on the four Casters and not vote for a single Martial." And while that's not a terrible idea, it adds even more 'swing' to a very 'swingy' game. This is really the only way to keep Martials and Casters from competing against each other until the final round.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Heh, I voted with my heart. I had no intention of "winning". But I got 3 points? Not bad. That is surprising.
The Child D GIF by Disney+

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
If I put the two quarter-finals together (4 casters vs 4 martials), it would be possible for people to work the voting around having to vote for any Martial or Casters. "I get 4 votes, so I'm going to put them all on the four Casters and not vote for a single Martial." And while that's not a terrible idea, it adds even more 'swing' to a very 'swingy' game. This is really the only way to keep Martials and Casters from competing against each other until the final round.
oh i wasn't suggesting you change the existing brackets, just that they got put on the same thread poll once the number of starting entries is halved, wizard vs bard, druid vs cleric, and whatever results plays out from the initial martial polls, and like you said: voting for multiple participants in the same VS bracket (voting both druid and cleric for example) would make both votes redundant.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Round 2 is over, and Round 3 has begun. I'm putting the next one together right now, should be up shortly. Here's the updated bracket!
(Emphasis on 'shortly.' I'm pressed for time today, so it'll be a bit lean on the details...)

Round_3.png

Last edited:

Remove ads