• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mario Does D&D

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Moderators, please move this thread to the "D&D House Rules, Homebrews, & Conversion Library" forum when you get a chance. Thanks!

neobolts

Explorer
Actually, Luigi being a cleric makes a lot of sense. After all, in both the games he stars in he's fighting undead.

And yeah, it's definitely an ax from what I can tell. I'm surprised Bowser didn't wield hammers in his character sheet. He must not've been the final Bowser after all.
190976-bowser__smb1_.png

Yeah, axe. I figured you were cutting the little chain next to it, causing the bridge to collapse.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Yeah, axe. I figured you were cutting the little chain next to it, causing the bridge to collapse.

That might also be a good hack to consider. As it stands, I have it where you essentially need to chop away 8 stone blocks to make the bridge fall into the lava. If you put two chains on either end, that cuts down the number of objects to be destroyed by half which (depending on how the AC/hp of the chains compared to the stone blocks) may make for a reduction in the difficulty.

The Bull

Explorer
Fantastic work, thank you very much. Found you as I was curious if anybody had adapted Mario and Luigi to an RPG and hence I found this work of yours.
I have adapted them for my homebrew campaign as master shipwrights and switched the names, Princess Peach has become a Merchant Princess (but is also a mage - thank for this neat idea) and Toad is one of her servants. Just adore and love RPGs :D

With a mighty beer to cheer
The Bull

P.S. The links are still working except the one for the Myconid Race.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Fantastic work, thank you very much. Found you as I was curious if anybody had adapted Mario and Luigi to an RPG and hence I found this work of yours.
I have adapted them for my homebrew campaign as master shipwrights and switched the names, Princess Peach has become a Merchant Princess (but is also a mage - thank for this neat idea) and Toad is one of her servants. Just adore and love RPGs :D

With a mighty beer to cheer
The Bull

P.S. The links are still working except the one for the Myconid Race.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad this was useful to you!

It looks like the myconid race linked back to the WotC forums which are now defunct. So this may be lost forever. Perhaps it can be reverse-engineered out of the character sheet.

Joebing69

First Post
I'll have to give this a run. Way back in 3.5, I made Mario a merchant in my home Realms campaign. He sold oddities like flowers that allowed you to cast fireball, a star that made you invulnerable for 5 rounds, mushrooms that enlarged, etc.

He was stumped by the bridge in Silverymoon (the fish are vaulted over by magic), and disappeared after a character just threw him over.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads