• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mark of the Wyrm [closed]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Bye

Too bad. Happy playing.

As for traps, we can always send fighters first :) especially half-orcish ones...

Neurotic

Surprise

Oh?! Are we on the air? I just offended party's strongest fighter?!

Oh, woe (pulling his beard out) ... AARRGGHh!

:) ;)

You can wait for opportunity where we must jump over the obstacle and toss me over. Remember Gimli flying on the bridge with help of Aragorn? And before in Moria, "Nobody tosses a dwarf !" :D

Neurotic

Pleading

Tharune, don't listen to him !

He just wants to show off, enviously realizing that
"Um caruje, snaga klade valja" :cool:

Translated along the lines of "Mind rules, strength bowls the trees over". :]

I don't know anything resembling that in english, closest comes "Mind over matter", but some such saying is bound to exist.

Now to find that spell for jumping or flying so I don't get tossed around... :uhoh:

Neurotic

Question

There is one thing bugging me.

Let's say I have a weapon of effective +2 enchantment (let's say axiomatic blade), but no pluses.

If dretch is encountered that needs +1 weapon to hit, would his DR be bypassed by this +2 blade? Or it needs to have "real" pluses to affect it?

What I'm asking is, is it possible to have heavily enchanted weapon (+5 and more) that is essentialy useless against threats with high DR (let's say DR 10+)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
DR vs Magic Weapons

First, a weapon has to have an enhancement bonus of at least +1 before any other magical enhancements can be placed upon it, so your Axiomatic only blade should not be able to exist at least per RAW, unless the DM deems otherwise.

In 3.0, if I remember correctly, only the enhancement bonus counts. So yes, (in 3.0) a +1 Vorpal Great Sword against a creature with DR 10/ +2 would still be subject to the full DR.

In 3.5 its resistance would be something akin to DR 5/Magic, so as long as it has any enhancement bonus, either permanent or via a spell such a Magic Weapon, it will pass by its DR.

Jemal

Adventurer
Xenon got it right. in 3.5 there is no DR X/+1 or X/+2. it's just X/Magic (Or Silver, cold iron, adamantine, Bludgeoning, good/evil, Epic)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
however, Said Axiomatic blade (Assuming it had at least a +1 enhancement, which is required BEFORE you can enchant it with axiomatic) WOULD over come any DR that had Magic or Chaotic (Or both)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads