Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I didn't read your boxed stuff, so I'm not sure why he likes the halfling girl--I remember her being an arsonist and attempted murderer, but maybe she had good reasons when you questioned her? Alys has a whole bunch of more details that she uncovered, so it's okay to be confused--she'll reveal them all, but right now she's trying to get more cash for the group by getting multiple people to sponsor the same investigation (right now the gnome dude has offered some cash, but it is rather paltry). )

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I can only guess that Arvan saying she was involved got him interested. I figure letting her run loose now might distract the guards enough to have them leave us alone.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I think once we get the party back together, things will be clearer. We just have to get through Mr. Rod-up-his-... :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Agreed. And Alys likes coming back with lots of money for everyone--hopefully when E13 comes back, we'll get back together soon. Alys has a good explanation for everything :))

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: As has been summed up by the others, I'm not sure why you would like the halfling girl. She was tortured by you after all.

Quick summary:
Party receives vision in the inn (only dragonmarked party members anyways).
Party jumps on a crazy skycab and races down to a burning building
Party helps fleeing gnome and kills many kobolds.
Party captures one kobold and one halfling who were among the arsonists/murderers.
Party splits up, Alys goes to see how the gnome is doing, Weapon stays at the burning building, rest go to interrogate prisoners.
Weapon has a run in with the Law.
Alys talks to gnome, comes back, and is trying to talk the Law into paying the Party instead of arresting them.
Rest kill Kobold, then drag Halfling with them to find the others.
Rest see Alys and Weapon go into Watch house.
Arvan and Brelach approach carrying the Halfling.
Silvanon skirts the shadows.
Brelach says to let the Halfling go rather than give her over to the watch...

The last thing looks quite out of character, though I don't know what you had been planning to do with her.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, I guess we have a truly Chaotic party--one minute torturing her like a despised enemy, the next protective of her like a pet or child :D Careful, when we wake up tomorrow, one of the PCs might be married to the halfling!)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Well, I remember the girl saying she was forced into doing what she had done. She certainly seemed less despicable than the crazed kobold. As for why Brelach "likes" her, it's more a fact that, as a thief, he's not a huge fan of the watch. And someone who was forced into something, like the halfling, probably has what little sympathy Brelach can offer. All things considered, he *is* neutral (and slightly chaotic)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: alrighty then.

Arvan lets the girl loose, she bolts in the opposite direction away from the watch and the two of them. The watch look at you strangely and say, "Aw now why'd you have to go and do that." One of them sets off at a run after the halfling, while the other two hoist their weapons and move to accost Arvan and Brelach. The halfling unknowingly is headed for the alley near where Silvanon is hiding.

The two guards in the watchpost move out grabbing their weapons as they start to get an inkling that something bad is happening outside. "What is going on out there? We need to find out, come with me." says Alkert though not forcefully. It is more of an invitation than any attempt at an order. He seems to have missed Alys' last sentence about settling the deal, though he hadn't seemed that averse to it a moment ago.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"But of course, I shall accompany you," Alys agrees, "Though I would understand if you stayed here with me to discuss this case and sent the others to assess the situation."

Remove ads