Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Wik

First Post
Brelach spreads his hands. "Yeah, she did that to us, too. I should have warned you about that. Whoops."

Erekose13

Explorer
Without intervention from Silvanon, the halfling makes it into the alley and away from the guard huffing after her. Alkert emerges from the building with another two guards and Weapon and Alys having ignored her last remark for now. Alkert is an armored human figure bearing the mark of a Sentinel on his left hand.

Addressing the guards he says, "Status report please.".

The guard who had spoken earlier replies, "Sir these two say they have something to do with the fire. They were carrying a halfling whom they claimed was part of the incident but they just let her go.

Turning to address Arvan and Brelach, Alkert says, "I am Alkert d'Denieth, sentinel assigned to this case. If you'd do me the favor of identifying yourselves and stating your business in the fire that took place earlier this evening that would be most helpful."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know them very well, but those two were a big help in detaining the arsonists. I warn you that this one has a bit of a tongue, but he means well. If this is all, then I am relieved that nothing dangerous was taking place here. Alkert, we can discuss my fee and what I uncovered, yes?"

*She turns to Arvan and Brelach.*

"And Arvan, and especially Brelach--behave please. The Watch is going to pay to hire me for my solutions and insights in this mystery, and if you will all act like gentlemen here, we shall split the earnings. But if you choose to be difficult...well, please don't."

Wik

First Post
Brelach smirks at Alkert, and regards the soldier coolly with his bright green eyes. Then, he shrugs, leans up against a nearby wall, and says coldly, "I'm Brelach. I'm sure you have a file on me, somewhere. Mostly good - I helped your house out in the Lhazar Principalities three years ago, but something tells me that won't show up. As for the fire... all I did was watch some kobolds try to skewer me. They're dead now... it was self defence. And I had some property of mine damaged."

He looks at his torn shirt with mock sadness.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: House Tarkanan?

Weapon looks over to see guard scurrying about, the implied sneer on the Denieth's faces, and less implied one on Brelach, and the general entropy of the situation and lets out a rusty sigh.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I attempted to hand the woman over, and she got loose. Earlier you were threatening us. I have done nothing by be a good citizen of the city. As for the fire, I was at the docks when it happened, nothing more."

Erekose13

Explorer
[RL Intrudes]

As per my email recently to the judges, RL is hitting me pretty hard and I need to cut back. I'm working on a plan to remove myself from the character and crunch judging and eventually adventure judging. One additional task remains that has become too much to handle and unfortunately that is DMing this game. I need to hand it over or close it prematurely. I'll be trying to work with the judges (who are all players in this game) on where to go from here so don't run yet. But such may be the case.

Apologies that this had to hit this game the hardest. I've tried to hang on as long as I can, but its just not feasible any more. I will be handing over XP in the near future, so you'll at least have that.

Wik

First Post
Erekose13 said:
[RL Intrudes]

As per my email recently to the judges, RL is hitting me pretty hard and I need to cut back. I'm working on a plan to remove myself from the character and crunch judging and eventually adventure judging. One additional task remains that has become too much to handle and unfortunately that is DMing this game. I need to hand it over or close it prematurely. I'll be trying to work with the judges (who are all players in this game) on where to go from here so don't run yet. But such may be the case.

Apologies that this had to hit this game the hardest. I've tried to hang on as long as I can, but its just not feasible any more. I will be handing over XP in the near future, so you'll at least have that.

Fair enough. I think it's easy enough to end at this part, anyways - the guard can just assume control over the investigation, and maybe bribe us to keep quiet.

And then Brelach can go on and cause trouble for some other GM.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
Fair enough. I think it's easy enough to end at this part, anyways - the guard can just assume control over the investigation, and maybe bribe us to keep quiet.

And then Brelach can go on and cause trouble for some other GM.
The guard guy actually couldn't unless he's got a whole bunch of PC-classed Deneith scions around--Alys has more news for you guys, but it amounts to an adventure in a place filled with living Abberant Marks that latch onto you and drive you into warping madness if you aren't a Dragonmarked Scion.

Remove ads