Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Clip 'Fighting The Sentinels'

Undrave

Legend
Honestly, the animation is TOO good, it doesn’t fit the old show. I’m also not a fan of the coloring style. Needs more aggressive contrasts and deeper shadows.

GreyLord

Legend
You know something...we get wierded out when old men perv on younger woman. An age gap of a 50 year old guy hitting on a 20 year old woman is kind of yucky.

Yet, for some reason comic book writers at Marvel think it's okay for someone over 200 years to hit on an 18 year old (though with the new Jean Grey it could be as young as 14 or 15) girl? (Wolverine on Jean Grey).

Will ANYONE EVER call out this as extreme yuck to Marvel (and Disney is still supporting this idea???).

Only bring it up because I was reminded of it from the trailer above.

You know something...we get wierded out when old men perv on younger woman. An age gap of a 50 year old guy hitting on a 20 year old woman is kind of yucky.

Yet, for some reason comic book writers at Marvel think it's okay for someone over 200 years to hit on an 18 year old (though with the new Jean Grey it could be as young as 14 or 15) girl? (Wolverine on Jean Grey).

Will ANYONE EVER call out this as extreme yuck to Marvel (and Disney is still supporting this idea???).

Only bring it up because I was reminded of it from the trailer above.

I have no issue with May December Romances among adults, done let other peoples yucks, ruin your fun (and yes there are older women I find attractive, Ann Margaret in the Santa Claus 3 was still gorgeous).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have no issue with May December Romances among adults...

He's not just older than she is. At the time, he was leading the Brotherhood, so was also in effect her boss/leader. And in the comics, at least, she was a teen when she joined the Brotherhood.

And, honestly, between how her parents treated her, how she can't normally have the most basic human contact, and the psychological stresses she's had from accidentally killing folks and/or permanently absorbing their memories and psyche... she's psychologically vulnerable.

Remove ads