Marvel Superheroes: Game Closed

hero4hire

Explorer
I would probably opt out of C & E.

I don't think player vs. player would be particularly enjoyable for me and I don't usually like playing multiple characters.

I am good to go on the rest though. :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great let's play Nightmares of Futures Past all 4 modules are at the site hero4hire sent us (thanks again it also has every marvel character ever)

So now you need to be thinking of mutant concepts I will get the backgroud, time period together all you decide on your powers I guess doing it as a group would be best so you cover your bases.

I will PM Theroc let him know we have rules for everyone, and if rangerjohn wants to play NoFP then we would have a group of five perfect :lol:

So question does this then go from interest to me changing it to Recuritment/Discussion??

HM

hero4hire

Explorer
So we are using "character modelling" then?

Basically coming up with the concept and defining it out of game terms and the GM assigns the stats based on our description?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I think that's what HolyMan meant, hero4hire. Right now we decide on our group roles and what type of powers we want, then we work within the rules set to codify those abilities.

I'd like my character to have a powerful beam weapon, possibly with some kind of versatility, like Superman's heat vision, Cyclops' eye beams, or the Green Lantern's ring power. His main role would be dishing out damage to bad guys and objects that are in the way. He would probably have an exceptional physique and agility as a result of training, but still within human limits. I'm thinking of limiting his power somewhat. His beam only works at normal power during the daytime. At night, or on a completely overcast day, his beam is at half power. When exposed to direct sunlight however, his beam is enhanced to 150% power. Artificial light has no effect. He would also have the power to concentrate his beam energy upon himself instead, building up a super heat wave that stuns everyone within a certain radius, but leaves him exhausted from the attempt (a last-ditch effort). The greater he tries to make the radius, the larger the radius and the worse off he will be afterward, possibly to the extent that it could kill him. He might also have some minor ability to shield people from the radioactive effects of the sun's rays. I am thinking he could be called Solaris (if that name isn't already taken) or something like that.

hero4hire

Explorer
Okay I have a couple ideas depending on what other people are playing (I want to maintain "niche" protection).

Here are some;

Overdrive has a mutated adrenal system that can send his body into (you guessed it) "overdrive". Allowing him minor superhuman strength, speed and immunity to pain. Spiderman-esque?

Fastlane has the ability to instill instant terminal velocity into any object, including thrown objects and (his favorite) vehicles. effectively a speedster

Massive can absorb objects into his body. Doing so increases his mass and density. brick with a neat effect

Slipstream has "spatial control" and can enter or place things into subspace. Basically making him a teleporter and walking utility belt (well within the campaign limits.) teleporter

Alloy can control, combine and reshape metal, even unique ones such as osmium and vibranium. (I figure adamantium would be too powerful) basically an element controller

Primal is from the Savage Land and can shapeshift into prehistoric forms. shapeshifter

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
I will PM Theroc let him know we have rules for everyone, and if rangerjohn wants to play NoFP then we would have a group of five perfect :lol:

When I posted earlier:
Post upthread said:
Good luck with the game Holyman, I'd sign up, but I do not have the ruleset(and may now download stuff), and am in like 15 games or so... ;)

Hope it goes well though.

I made a typo. '(and may now download stuff)' should be 'and may NOT download stuff)'.

That site requires downloading the files, so I cannot use them. Sorry for the confusion HM. I saw that site before I posted, and posted specifically because I cannot use the rules.

I do still hope you guys have lots of fun with your game. :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Slipstream has "spatial control" and can enter or place things into subspace. Basically making him a teleporter and walking utility belt (well within the campaign limits.) teleporter

Sorry to burst your bubble but: Slipstream.

I'm a Marvel geek. Interestingly you got his powers almost spot on. Perhaps you read about him before and his subconsciously popped into your mind.

hero4hire

Explorer
Sorry to burst your bubble but: Slipstream.

I'm a Marvel geek. Interestingly you got his powers almost spot on. Perhaps you read about him before and his subconsciously popped into your mind.

I invented him first and I have the old notebooks to prove it. :)

This isn't the 1st time though. Churn out enough ideas and others are bound to have similiar ones.

Hero4hire would you mind my "stealing" one of your throw away concepts?

Not at all. Marvel did it! ;)

Remove ads