• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel TV Schedule: what are you excited about?

Hawkeye is probably the Avenger that is most boring to me. But if the Kingpin shows up, my low expectations are turned into high expectations.

Ms Marvel has the potential to be a lot of fun.

The Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special should be very interesting.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Ms. Marvel for sure. I'm tentatively looking forward to Hawkeye, because if nothing else Hailee Steinfeld is amazing and maybe Jeremy Renner will finally go away.

Moon Knight has me equally worried and excited. The MCU has actually done a pretty good when it has tackled mental health issues in the past (Iron Man 3) but Moon Knight is a whole other can of worms entirely. If nothing else, Oscar Isaac is always a treat.

Of the two still coming in 2021, Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel, I expect us to get Ms. Marvel before Hawkeye for two reasons. First, set photos for it started leaking months before anything from Hawkeye did. And second, it has been revealed that Hawkeye will have ties to the next Spiderman film and will start on Disney+ close to the release date for that movie, which is a Dec release.

Also from the rumor mill, Charlie Cox was supposed to play Daredevil in the Hawkeye series, but scheduling conflicts prevented it, though is he still supposed to be in the next Spiderman.

What I wonder about the Ms. Marvel series is whether America Chavez will debut there too, or if they will save her first appearance for the next Captain Marvel movie. Those two characters are friends and work together in the Secret Warriors cartoons, along with Squirrel Girl, who sadly never got her teased series. The Secret Warriors also work with Captain Marvel sometimes, so I wonder if that movie will include the Secret Warriors. Also, the dog from the Inhumans, Lockjaw, stays with the Secret Warriors, though I don't remember now why he is there and not with the rest of the Inhumans.

Edit: to add, Florence Pugh will also be in Hawkeye, reprising her Black Widow character. Some rumors are that she may be recruiting Hailee Steinfeld's character to join Val's team.

Edited for wrong group name.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I would love it if the division between TV and movie were blurred so much that we didn't watch with the meta knowledge that movie characters are unlikely to show up in a TV show and vice versa (not that they don't, but they tend to be the star role rather than a surprise feature).
I think its already happening with Wandvision, Loki, and wing and metal arm guys. Might be unlikely, but a limited series with Spidey and friends could work on D+ I'd think.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Also, the dog from the Eternals, Lockjaw, stays with the Secret Warriors, though I don't remember now why he is there and not with the rest of the Eternals.

Lockjaw is from the Inhumans, not the Eternals. He hangs around with Kamala Khan because she is distantly part Inhuman - she got her powers from the Terrigen Mists the Inhumans use to acquire their powers.

I think its already happening with Wandvision, Loki, and wing and metal arm guys. Might be unlikely, but a limited series with Spidey and friends could work on D+ I'd think.

Sony still holds full rights to any live-action Spiderman TV show and to any animated series with episodes 45+ minutes in length. So unless Sony and Marvel do a deal like they did for the movies, Spiderman will not appear in any live-action D+ series.

Lockjaw is from the Inhumans, not the Eternals. He hangs around with Kamala Khan because she is distantly part Inhuman - she got her powers from the Terrigen Mists the Inhumans use to acquire their powers.

Oh yeah, I always get the names of those two groups mixed up. I will fix that. One the Eternals movie comes out, I will keep them sorted better. lol

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sony still holds full rights to any live-action Spiderman TV show and to any animated series with episodes 45+ minutes in length. So unless Sony and Marvel do a deal like they did for the movies, Spiderman will not appear in any live-action D+ series.

Yeah, and such a deal is unlikely, due to differences in the business models between Movies and TV.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
What if looks like it has amazing animation.
Yeah, it's pretty striking. I tend to find a lot of animation very same-y - which I know is a pretty weird thing to say - but this catches my eye.
I'm tentatively looking forward to Hawkeye, because if nothing else Hailee Steinfeld is amazing and maybe Jeremy Renner will finally go away.
This. She's been great in every role I've seen her in, and if I never saw Renner in anything ever again it would be too soon.
Florence Pugh will also be in Hawkeye, reprising her Black Widow character. Some rumors are that she may be recruiting Hailee Steinfeld's character to join Val's team.
That makes a lot of sense. She's a real highlight in BW, so hopefully she gets a good amount of screen time in this.

Moon Knight is the one I'm most excited about. I can merely add my voice to the "Oscar Isaac has the chops" chorus. Given the sensibilities of the D+ Marvel shows thus far, I'm confident they'll find a way to handle Moon Knight's mental/emotional challenges.

Remove ads