Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1.5 (New York City)

Gomez

First Post
"Well London it is then!" says Miriam. "I suggest we get our affairs in order and get ready for the trip. We will need someone to make our travel arrangements and talk to Mr. Kensington and Father Paul about being our contacts here in New York. Is there anything else we need to do before we go?"

yangnome

First Post
"I need to contact church officials and inform them of my travel plans. This investigation is perfect for my new assignment, however I cannot merely disappear. Perhaps I could obtain some contacts in London that may be able ot help us once we reach shore."

Ashy

First Post
"I'll need to close up my shop and make sure all of those affairs are in order... Other than that, I've been meaning to go on a little holiday for some time now."

OOC: Does Charles have any London contacts, Gomez? I figured it might be possible, considering his line of work...

Gomez

First Post
Ashy said:
OOC: Does Charles have any London contacts, Gomez? I figured it might be possible, considering his line of work...

OOC: Sure, how about a rare book dealer that you buy and sell books from. You have never met him but have corresponded with for several years. His name is Thaddeus C. Jones of 125-C Fleet Street, London.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Charles adds, "Oh yes, and I have a fine fellow with whom we can work once we get to London! A brilliant chap, though he is a bit long winded and has terrible penmanship, but he and I have worked together for some years! He may even be able to shed some light on some of the...more obscure...information that we've unearthed - he has an impressive collection of rare and archaic tomes of which he he speaks endlessly!"

Vendetta

First Post
Jack works his way back to the cabinet holding the booze, pours himself another drink then says, "OK, let's get on with it then... Let's go make the arrangements. I've never been out of the states before, so don't look at me for nuthin'. "

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well now, I did manage to learn a bit during all this running to and fro. There's a ship, the R.M.S. Mauretania, sailing for Southhampton, England in two days. It's fairly fast, and can make the crossing in four days with good weather. I was told that first class, one way of course, is a hundred twenty dollars. Tourist class is half that. That, I would think, would be our best bet," Miriam informs the others. "I believe that it may be necessary to pack heavily. Anything you don't want to leave... hmmm... to be found probably better come with us," she points out, her grip tightening on her handbag as she thinks about strangers going through her things. "It may be best to not tell our friends where we're going. I would hate for any grief to come to my son if those horrible people managed to find him." Fear clearly crosses Miriam's face at that thought.

Vendetta

First Post
"Packing heavily is two bottles of scotch instead of one." Jack jokes, then turns a bit serious. "How soon can we be ready to leave? I only need a couple hours." he asks.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We have two days. I can purchase tickets for everyone, if they'll give me their fare money. One good thing about having a telegraph operator for a son is that I can use those contraptions in my sleep. Heavens, I better tell him I'm going... somewhere, or it would be just luck that he would try to visit while I'm away," Miriam says, thinking out loud. "Some Spiritualist Society meeting... perhaps in Washington? That may work..."

Remove ads