• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Ashy

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Jibril responds to Charles and Miriam with a shake of his head. "I wouldn't know where to start - perhaps the Port Authority? But that would only work if the ship has docked here in New York. That doesn't look like any port I've seen on either side of the Atlantic."

Charles nods, "Sounds like as good a spot as any..."

Gomez

First Post
Ju-Ju House

William, Father O'Malley, and Ulysses (now a NPC)

[sblock]William and Father O'Malley grapple over the spear as Ulysses turns to the four men as they rush across the room. William is able to pull the spear from the old man's grip as Father O'Malley pushes him away. Ulysses reaches into his coat pocket and finds that he didn't bring his service revolver. Damn the luck! :eek: One of the black men runs up and grabs Ulysses and they fall to the floor in a pile. One of the men grabs a club from the umbrella stand by the door and moves up to William. A man hits Father O'Malley from behind with a flying tackle. The last one locks the door and pulls out a wicked looking knife from his coat. Mr. N'Kwane yells "You should not have been sticking you noses into the Bloody Tongue's affairs. Surrender and you might live a bit longer."

OOC: Ulysses is grappled by one man and one the floor. Father O'Malley is also grappled and on the floor. William stands there with the spear in his hand between Mr. N'Kwane and the man with the club. One man stands by the door with a knife in his hand.[/sblock]

Gee I wonder what is happening at the Ju-Ju House?
:uhoh:

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
Jack hails a cab and directs the driver to head to the JuJu house... something is definately not right with these two men and he's not sure he can take them himself. However, he'll keep his eyes open for a haunt of his and see if he thinks he could get the drop on them... but if he's going to have to fight, he wants to be able to beat answers out of his opponents and he just doesn't think these two have them.

As Jack tries to hail a cab, the two men walk up to him. "Hey, Does ya have a smoke?" says one of the men as the other circles around behind you. The one trying to get behind you has a hand in is right coat pocket.

Gomez

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
ooc: Does Uly have his pistol with him?

Jibril responds to Charles and Miriam with a shake of his head. "I wouldn't know where to start - perhaps the Port Authority? But that would only work if the ship has docked here in New York. That doesn't look like any port I've seen on either side of the Atlantic."

Looking at the photograph, Jibril sees a mountain in the background. So it could not have be taken here in New York City. Also the rudder of the small boat in the foreground is one that is commonly used in Asia.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Gomez said:
Looking at the photograph, Jibril sees a mountain in the background. So it could not have be taken here in New York City. Also the rudder of the small boat in the foreground is one that is commonly used in Asia.
"It could be Shanghai - there are several references to that place in Jackson's belongings."

ooc: don't know how up on geography Jibril would be. I was thinking Hong Kong or Guangzhou were possibilities, too.

Ashy

First Post
"True, true....", Charles murmurs.

Suddenly, he looks up at the clock, "shouldn't the others have been back before now? It seems that they are long overdue..." A cold shiver runs down the man's spine and his voice tremors, "d..d...do you t...t..t..think we should go l...l.looking for t...t..t..them?"

Vendetta

First Post
Gomez said:
As Jack tries to hail a cab, the two men walk up to him. "Hey, Does ya have a smoke?" says one of the men as the other circles around behind you. The one trying to get behind you has a hand in is right coat pocket.

"Oh, of course." Jack says as he also reaches for his pocket, casually as if getting a pack out. He'll then attempt to elbow the one behind him in the neck and go for his pistol with his other hand. He'll look for a place to dive for cover as he does so.

yangnome

First Post
Father O'Malley is going to try to free himself from teh man who tackled him and roll away from him (preferably towards the door.. His goal now is to get up and get out of the building in any way possible, hopefully with the rest of the group as well.

Remove ads