• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh heavens, they haven't been gone that long. Don't be such a worrywort Charles. You know what traffic is like this time of year," Miriam says, and then pulls some stationary from her purse. She bends her head over it, and with some thought, composes a letter to Ms. Erica Carlyle.

Dear Ms. Carlyle,

I write to you to tender my apology for upsetting you the other day in Ricco's. It was truly not my intention to make you uneasy or to insult you in any way, and I beg forgiveness. Though you do not believe in my abilities, I do assure you I was not faking. I would not have ever insulted you, particularly in such a public place, if I had been working only in the sphere that we know.

Regardless if you believe me or not, I wish there to be no animosity between us. I desired to cause you no concern or worry, nor did I wish to speak ill of the dead. Indeed I wish you good fortune, and hope you will forgive an old woman's ramblings.

Sincerely,
Miriam LeGou

*Looking up from her writing, Miriam starts to dig through the piles of materials they have collected, looking for Erica's address. Assuming she can find it, she will put the letter in an envelope, address it and stamp it. Standing, she gathers her coat and hat.*

"I'm going to step out to put this letter in the mailbox and clear my head a bit gentlemen," she says, and carefully puts her hat on over her coifed hair.

Maerdwyn

First Post
A couple seconds after she gets up, Jibril casually follows her, keeping her in sight. It's not that he's trying to spy on her; he's just making sure no one is alone unless its completely necessary.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Ju-Ju House

William grits his teeth. Rapidly flicking his eyes behind the man with the knife and the one with the club, he jabs the spear in the direction of the club-bearer. (( Melee +1 ))

Ashy

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
A couple seconds after she gets up, Jibril casually follows her, keeping her in sight. It's not that he's trying to spy on her; he's just making sure no one is alone unless its completely necessary.

Not wanting to be alone at all, Charles quickly grabs his hat, coat and gloves and follws Jibril...

Gomez

First Post
OOC: Oh well I was trying to keep the action in the Ju-Ju House secret from the other players but since your posting in the open I might was well! ;)

Ju-Ju House

The spear in William's hand slides into the belly of the man weilding the club. A soft gurgle of foamy blood escapes the man's mouth and dribbles down his chin. He slumps forward grabbing at the spear. William is able to back up and pull the spear away as the man drops to his knees. William then hears/feels a loud explosion and flecks of light swim before his eyes. Half turning ,he tries to focus through the pain in his head to see N'Kwane with a wooden drum in his hands. With a savage snarl he rises it to strike again. (6 points of damage)

Father O'Malley kicks at the dirty man who has grabbed him, with a burst of fear induced strength he pushes the man way and is able to stand up. Down on the ground next to Father O'Malley, a man sitting on top of Uly's chest is repeatedly punching him in the face. Blood is streaming from Uly's nose.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
"Oh, of course." Jack says as he also reaches for his pocket, casually as if getting a pack out. He'll then attempt to elbow the one behind him in the neck and go for his pistol with his other hand. He'll look for a place to dive for cover as he does so.

Catching the man off guard, Jack's elbow slams into the man's face behind him. The satisfying cracking sound tells Jack that he has just broken the man's nose. The man cries out in pain and his hands go to his ruined face. The man in front of Jack is more prepared and a hidden sap appears the man's hand and he swings for Jack's head. Jack tries to dodge the blow but it still catches him on the shoulder. (3 points of subdual). Jacks hand finds the comforting feel of cold steel as he reached for the pistol in his coat pocket.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Father," William shouts, blinking back the pain in his head. "Grab that man's club and see what you can do for Ulysses! I'll get N'kwane!" As he says this, he brings the butt of the spear back towards the shopkeeper and attempts to make him drop the drums.

Sorry - should've spoilered my actions earlier. Ahh well.

Vendetta

First Post
...Jacks hand finds the comforting feel of cold steel as he reached for the pistol in his coat pocket.

"We both know what I've got my hand on, pal." Jack snarls as the man readies himself for another attack. "You best be gettin' out of here if you know what's good for you!"

((OOC: Jack is not yet pulling the pistol but will use his hand in his jacket as a deception, hoping A) the guy just runs or B) the guy makes some kind of play for his pistol hand. Jack will attempt to punch the man with his free hand first before pulling the gun. Flashing a fire-arm on a public street is not what he wants to do but his own safety is paramount and if this guy doesn't back off, Jack has no problem pulling the gun.))

yangnome

First Post
Father O'Malley looks down at the man who is hitting Uly. He rears back with his right leg and attempts to drop kick the man. (Didn't hear the advice about the club until he was mid-kick)

Gomez

First Post
Ju-Ju House

[sblock] Father O'Malley sends a kick into the side of the man on top of Ulysses. The man rolls off Uly and stands up. He snarls at the Father. Uly lays unmoving on the floor, his face is covered in blood. William strikes at N'Kwane and misses but it forces the shopkeeper to back away from the spear. Father O'Malley feels a powerful arm rap around his throat and the sharp tip of a knife against his throat. The man who was guarding the door has moved up and grabbed Father O'Malley from behind. "Now you better be dropping that spear! Or the Priest here gets a second smile!" Yells the man. Standing up behind William is another of the attackers. He pulls out a long knife and waits for Williams reply.[/sblock]

OOC:I want to keep any actions in the Ju-Ju house hidden from the others for the time being.

Last edited:

Remove ads