Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Vendetta said:
"Who's this?" Jack asks with a very skeptical tone. After receiving the answer, he proceeds to tell them about the bloodied club and the guy he followed out, the "hired thugs" and his encounter with them. Jack wonders why they are not back yet, but figures they should be safe enough considering they outnumbered the curator of the shop significantly."
"Enshallah. But it would be better to ensure that we outnumber him even more, no?"

"As well, I had seen scuff marks on the floor, as if someone had been dragged. With the bloodied war club, and the reaction of the chap pretending to be asleep, I'm afraid someone else has already been murdered. I think we might need to pay the JuJu house another visit later this evening."
"If you saw that, then Charles is right, and the police should be notified immediately. If we cannot reach Lt. Poole, we cannot wait until this evening to return. If our friends do not walk through the doors of the church in the next three minutes, someone, or more than one of us, will need to go to JuJu house to rescue them."

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
"If you saw that, then Charles is right, and the police should be notified immediately. If we cannot reach Lt. Poole, we cannot wait until this evening to return. If our friends do not walk through the doors of the church in the next three minutes, someone, or
more than one of us, will need to go to JuJu house to rescue them."

"I agree", pipes in Charles, waiting to be connected to Lt. Poole...

Gomez

First Post
Ashy said:
"I agree", pipes in Charles, waiting to be connected to Lt. Poole...

Charles calls the police station and is informed that Lt. Poole left a few hours ago and has not returned yet. Would you like to speak with someone else or leave a message?

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Charles - tell them that Lt. Poole is likely in serious danger, having gone to investigate Juju House. Tell them what Jack saw there! Just get them up there!"

"All right, I'm going. The thugs that followed Jack may have gone back there, so things could be somewhat dire." Jibril says, checking that his gun is loaded properly, and replacing it in his pocket. He regards the bulge in Jack's pocket, and says "I hope you will consider accompanying me, sir. Miriam, Charles, perhaps you will stay here in case our friends return on their own, or the police need to you to answer questions?"

"We will find a phone not far from Juju House, and call the church to find out if our firends have returned - no sense going in there again if they are already safe. Then we go in, get them out, and get to a police station. We'll call you from there and have you meet us. I don't want to lead them back here if we are pursued. Different ideas?"

Gomez

First Post
William and Father O'Malley

[sblock] As one of the men picks up Uly, William hears a groan come from the Englishman. The men tie you up and lead you behind the counter where N'Kwane moves aside a rug to reveal a trap door on the floor. N'Kwane opens the door to show set of stone stairs leading down into the darkness. N'Kwane yells at the others then he goes down the stairs. The men then lead you down the stairs. They go down about 20 feet to a corridor. Up ahead a light flares and you see N'Kwane holding a lantern before a stout wooden door. In the light, William sees that the walls are covered in arcane tribal symbols. N'Kwane opens the door and you are lead into a large chamber.
The ceiling is 15 foot high and the walls are dressed stone. In the center of the room is a large stone block about eight feet in diameter and one foot thick. A large pulley hangs above the block. Large drums line the walls and a pair of curtains hangs on the far wall. It looks likes there might be an alcove behind the curtains. Torches line the walls and N'Kwane lights a few to provide light. Two long stout poles jut from the entry door wall. Leather tongs dangle from the poles. A man hangs from one of the poles and you recognize him as Lt. Poole. He appears to be unconscious. The men tie your hands to the poles and then return with Uly and the body of the man William stabbed in the stomach. They just throw the man's body on the ground and they tie Uly up. Mr. N'Kwane turns to William and Father O'Malley. "I hope you are comfortable." he says with a smile. "[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
"Charles - tell them that Lt. Poole is likely in serious danger, having gone to investigate Juju House. Tell them what Jack saw there! Just get them up there!"

"All right, I'm going. The thugs that followed Jack may have gone back there, so things could be somewhat dire." Jibril says, checking that his gun is loaded properly, and replacing it in his pocket. He regards the bulge in Jack's pocket, and says "I hope you will consider accompanying me, sir. Miriam, Charles, perhaps you will stay here in case our friends return on their own, or the police need to you to answer questions?"

"We will find a phone not far from Juju House, and call the church to find out if our firends have returned - no sense going in there again if they are already safe. Then we go in, get them out, and get to a police station. We'll call you from there and have you meet us. I don't want to lead them back here if we are pursued. Different ideas?"

Charles covers the mouthpiece of the phone with his hand, his mind reeling at the sudden turn of events. "I will, I will - you two be careful, for God's sake!"

He then speaks into the receiver, "Yes...yes'm, I'm still here. Thank you for the information about Lt. Poole, and I must say it distresses me greatly. You see, I fear that he may be in grave danger - I fear for his very life. Do, perchance, know to where he was heading? I see, I see... Well, he is not the only one who has gone missing - several of my friends, all of whom have spoken to Lt. Poole about the recent and horribly gruesome murders, have also gone missing..." Charles relays all of the information, speaking quickly, to the dispatcher - the fear and concern is evident in his voice. "Please, Madam, I beg you, as a concerned citizen, please send someone to the Juju House in Harlem, with all haste!"

Gomez

First Post
It is starting to get dark and the snow continues to fall as Jack and Jibril head out to Harlem. Soon they find themselves a couple of blocks away from the Ju-Ju House. Jibril makes a quick call to the Church in which Miriam tells him that the others have not returned.

Gomez

First Post
Ashy said:
"Please, Madam, I beg you, as a concerned citizen, please send someone to the Juju House in Harlem, with all haste!"

The police operator says that they will send someone to check it out.

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: from our last visit to Juju house, is there an alley between the front of the store and the street behind it - that is, could Jibril and Jack approach from the stree behind rather than from the front?

Remove ads