Masks of Nyarlathotep [OOC]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
psychic mind flayer said:
Thomas greets the new man: "Nice to meet you, Mr. Blair. However, I think we should start planning what we'll do now we've seen the horrors that the Ju-Ju House had in store for us. I think we should finish up our investigations here in New York before we do anything else. We should examine our findings in the Ju-Ju House and find out what they are. I also think we should pay a visit to Roger Carlyle's house, if it's still there, and find those books Elias had mentioned."

"Once we're through and we've gone to Elias' funeral, there's five more places I believe we should go to. These are London, Cairo, Kenya, Australia, and Shanghai."

"London and Cairo have the strongest leads, since they are the only places where we have the names of specific people. (Edward Gavigan and Faraz Najir, respectively.) Although we have clues in the other places, we wouldn't know where to start."

"I do wish to visit my fatherland once more, and we can start there by speaking to Edward Gavigan and finding out what he knows about the Carlyle Expedition. We can also speak to some policemen or people from Scotland Yard to find out what Carlyle did when he went there. After that, we can go to Cairo, see where they excavated, and speak to Faraz Najir. From there, the closest place is Kenya, where we can visit the massacre site. After Kenya, we can either go to the Stumbling Tiger Bar in Shanghai, China, or go investigate the Sand Bat Cult in Australia and see why Jackson Elias was so interested in it."

"Also, we should follow up on other leads. The black man who tried to kill Evelyn said something about the God of the Bloody Tongue's son being born on top of a mountain. So far, we also know the Cult of the Bloody Tongue is centered in Kenya, so I assume the mountain would be somewhere there. The Cult's god also has something to do with a black wind, so we could investigate that in Kenya."

"We should be sure to keep our eyes (or ears) open for any word on any of these in Kenya:
a Mountain of the Bloody Tongue, a Mountain of a God's Son, a Mountain of Black Wind, or anything else that sounds suspicious. Then again, it could be any ordinary mountain in Kenya."

While it was nice for you to summerize the campaign for everyone (I was going to do it myself :) ) please don't let player's knowledge creep into your character's knowledge. From the sound of the post you have either read or played in the campaign before. That's fine but don't let your own knowledge of what is happening or what's going to happen in the game effect what your character knows.

Now looking back over the IC thread. The cultist who had Evelyn never mentioned a mountain.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
As suggested by VorpalBunny we are going to fast forward a few days to let people recover and do some research. Just post in the IC thread what your characters are going to be doing for the next two or three days.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
here :)

In character, William really wouldn't know where to begin - he'll tag along and help where he can be usefull, but wouldn't take anything on alone unless asked to, at this point.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Just to make sure this what your characters are doing.

Thomas - Will invesitgate Erica Carlyle and try and interview her.

Dr. Carter - Will study the relics found in the Ju-Ju House.

Father Joe - Will study the book Dark Cults of Africa that was found in the Ju-Ju House. Prep for traveling abroad.

What are the two Gilliadh brothers going to be up to?

Maerdwyn

First Post
WIlliam will spend the time getting up to speed, in much more detail, one everything that has gone before.

If and when the group decides on a destination, William will try to discretely make travel arrangements for everyone - since he is so far the least associated with either Elias or the ju-Ju house, he won't arouse any interest by doing so. If someone goes to visit or otherwise contact the sister, he will go along.

Remove ads